Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve

my van had been leaking at the hose reel but changed the hose lock washers and seems sorted ,but changing to John guest fittings over Christmas between that and the univalve I shouldn't empty my 500ltr tank again [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

maybe to you poles apart [emoji6] but I take a while to catch up and wasn't giving new news just sharing my news [emoji16][emoji16]

I've discovered quite by accident that you don't need to use 'O' clips when using PU hose with the Univalve. I forgot to put one on and have been using it like that for quite some time, even with water up to 45 degrees. Metal fittings and hose-tails seem to need them as they tend to leak a bit and will eventually pull off without them, but plastic hose connectors like the JG hose-tails and the Univalve ends don't. It seems the harder you pull on the hose the tighter they grip.

I've discovered quite by accident that you don't need to use 'O' clips when using PU hose with the Univalve. I forgot to put one on and have been using it like that for quite some time, even with water up to 45 degrees. Metal fittings and hose-tails seem to need them as they tend to leak a bit and will eventually pull off without them, but plastic hose connectors like the JG hose-tails and the Univalve ends don't. It seems the harder you pull on the hose the tighter they grip.
Marko067 what is you poles hose connected to via the brush ,I fitted a one clip behind the standard gardiner fittings but it pulled through today ,tightened it more seems to do the trick but has pinched the hose a lot !

lmao ,I get there eventually Pete [emoji12] no not yet ,got the swivel for the hose reel and replaced the washers in the hose lock fittings so water tight now (that's why I fitted the univalve) get to screwfix at the weekend [emoji16]

Marko067 what is you poles hose connected to via the brush ,I fitted a one clip behind the standard gardiner fittings but it pulled through today ,tightened it more seems to do the trick but has pinched the hose a lot !
I made these up from a piece of 50mm plastic plumbing pipe. If memory serves I drilled them with a 7mm hole. They hold really well. They are tight to fit but that is what you want and they are adjustable. (Twist and pull)

hose20stay_02.jpg

Fit it thus:

hose20stay_04.jpg

I made these up from a piece of 50mm plastic plumbing pipe. If memory serves I drilled them with a 7mm hole. They hold really well. They are tight to fit but that is what you want and they are adjustable. (Twist and pull)
hose20stay_02.jpg

Fit it thus:

hose20stay_04.jpg
Ah now, I do remember that thread ,I will try that tomorrow [emoji6] looks good

whays the idea of this univalve....whays difference to just turning down the flow in your pump....am I missing something...
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Jay it stops the flow completely (but the pump still runs so cuts off when pressure builds up ) I used it today for the first time and tbh I used 40%less water than usual [emoji16][emoji16]

Jay it stops the flow completely (but the pump still runs so cuts off when pressure builds up ) I used it today for the first time and tbh I used 40%less water than usual [emoji16][emoji16]
I use tap system on belt to turn water on and off....is this uni valve going to be any better..thanks..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was using the flow valve from gardiner's and thought that was good, had th hose draped over my shoulder.. so glad I have the univalve now really quick the lads recommend d on here and glad they did.

Back