The Lightest Wfp On The Market?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by James, May 31, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. James

James Guru

Long story short I've managed to pick up an injury to my shoulder.

It makes WFP work extremely difficult (especially when working at heights of up to 3-4 storys). But I'm far to stubborn to give up!

Just wondering what poles you guys use?

I personally love the gardiner poles, I've found this one: http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Super-Lite-XTREME_POLES_18.html

They boast it's the lightest telescopic carbon pole.. on the planet, but obviously it comes at a nice £450 price tag inc the Vat!

Let me know your thoughts!

James.

James Perkins Cleaning Ltd.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I should mention that I will be working on domestic properties up to two storys of height (not the 3-4 I was initially working on). Hence why I'm looking at 18ft Poles.

James.

James Perkins Cleaning Ltd.

3. LMWC

LMWC Newcomer

gardiner xtreme pole is what you want

4. Masons

Masons Guru

Gardiner Xtreme yes, I'm recovering from back surgery and like you need to be careful in the future.

I've just bought two Gardiner SLX poles, and am in the process of buying a 35ft xtreme.

(I still need to order the 25ft but have already bought the 35ft extension as it was reduced)

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

them extreme poles are so last year, wait for the Carbotanium poles to come out, now these are light,

a extreme 18 is 720 g
    a slx 18 is 1050
    a clx 18 is 1070

plus brush,

but if 300 grams makes a big difference to your shoulder, then window cleaning might not be for you, as to me 300g is such a small amount, than you will need the lightest of everything to get the full advantage and sometimes the lightest stuff isn't the best

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Bad back and shoulder.

Bought extreme 18,25,47

No bad back

No bad shoulder

True story.

7. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]At that length you want a pole that doesn’t flex or bend at all, as the weight of 18ft of Carbon fibre poles are all around 700g; plus the weight of the clamps, top screw & base cap. The pole hose would weigh around 250g, plus the same again for the water.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A totally rigid pole and good brush and you will append less time cleaning each window. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you do want the lightest pole, you can buy telescopic flag poles for about £12 - [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://theflagman.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] the weight is the same about 700g, for 18ft – but with 5 pole section and closed length of just 43 inches. Its tapered pole, no clamps so you keep the pole hose on the outside.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You will get more pole section if you buy it, throw away the smaller ones and keep the larger one if you need to make a longer pole. I have used longer ones on commercial work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You will spend longer cleaning using these, I’ve tried them, but they are light very cheap and a 2 minute jobs the glue in the screw thread to convert the pole for wfp use.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Richard[/SIZE]

8. chip

chip Guru

Nice to see you again James.

9. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome back James sorry to hear about your injury if I remember you were using reach it poles last time are they not that light ?

10. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

I've thought about using these before, but wondered how flexy/whippy/bendy (take your pick :Image13:) they would be in use.
    Nice and cheap too :Image9: .
    Any videos of these poles in use.

I suppose you could store the pole sections in an arrow pouch type thingy, slung accross your back..Robbin Hood styleeeee....how cool woul that be eh :Image14: !!

Advertisement