The mrs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Did you find your family an freinds backed you when first starting, just my wife keeps uming and arring about it, sometimes put you down but I know I will do it.

What vibe did u fellas get from people?

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Everyone was very supportive and positive with me when i decided to go for it, the only slight negative was my granny, who was a bit concerned due to the recession just starting to gather momentum (may 09). But i was told about the opportunity (i bought my round) by another windy, who told me that he had been through 2 recessions since he started, and hadnt found that it made much difference overall to his earnings.

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Some people mates ect say when they ask what i'm doing i say window cleaning and smile like if its the lowest job out there sort of thing

all my family are right behind me all the time always asking me how its going ect and even offered to lend me money ect but its customers i need not money lol

generally all the people that really care about me are happy for me and hoping the best.

once u start getting a round together mate show her the figers and shell be happy enough trust me lol.

4. Masons

Masons Guru

I've always had support, family and friends.
    Wife's always supported me, so I cannot begin to think what it must be like.

But for the haters, remember, success is the best revenge... hehe

5. Paul

Paul Guest

She does support me but she's also very worried we've got 5 kids a brand new house with a decent size mortgage, i think she thinks we are gonna loose everything and worries, but on the other hand I don't want to work to make other people money I want to make my own. I think she will be ok, well she betta be coz I'm doin it anyway lol.

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Indeed when you say you are a window cleaner people think what a rubbish job - and they are probably sitting on their **** in an office earning 12 grand a year ha ha!!!!

7. Iain

Iain Guru

You're always going to get people that cannot see thins the way you see them. I've always known what I wanted to do with my life and when I started out, there were MANY people that were against it. You need to do what makes you happy in life and ignore the disbelievers

8. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I can see how she would worry with 5 kids and a house ect mate prop you feel the same way

just get the money in and shell be fine when she sees theres a need for it :]

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Absolutely right mate. Must clock in by 8pm. Have lunch when they say. Do as they say. Stuck inside when it's nice. Must phone up if ill. Can only take hols when firm shuts down. Must give weeks notice to have a day off. Have a boss. Work yer nuts off & watch the fat cats get the benefits. NO THANKS.

10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

stick at it mate youl soon earn some good money it beats working for someone else. my fiancee was a bit dubious at first but after 6 months im earning as much now only working 3 days a week as i was doing joinery 5 days a week working for someone else. and she loves the fact that i get a 4 day weekend.

Advertisement