Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to get plastics clean

Ladder Lew

Can anyone tell me the best way to get window surrounds and upvc fascias like new again. I've tried a light scourer but I'm concerned about long term damage to them, and I've also tried upvc cleaner which although fairly cheap is time consuming and can come into contact with my applicator. Any help would be appreciated

I have a van full of different cleaning chemicals for different situations, don't use any of them.

Ubik and Magic sponge does everything (apart from silicone removal ) for this you need screwfix silicone remover

I have a van full of different cleaning chemicals for different situations, don't use any of them.Ubik and Magic sponge does everything (apart from silicone removal ) for this you need screwfix silicone remover
thanks for this, do you have a link to the Magic sponges you use, if you're allowed to post it on here, seem to be loads of different ones online..

@Ladder Lew you'll get them at pound land..magic sponges. When I'm doing first cleans especially I carry one in my pouch at all times. They are ideal and get a few packs as you will burn through them when doing lots of first cleans

Ubic or whatever on them works or a drop of fairy even takes most marks off with them. Unger ergo bottle holder for belt will save you time too. Spray direct onto glass etc..no bucket needed

@Ladder Lew you'll get them at pound land..magic sponges. When I'm doing first cleans especially I carry one in my pouch at all times. They are ideal and get a few packs as you will burn through them when doing lots of first cleans
Ubic or whatever on them works or a drop of fairy even takes most marks off with them. Unger ergo bottle holder for belt will save you time too. Spray direct onto glass etc..no bucket needed
thanks for the heads up on the magic sponges, my buckets tiny and has a lid so I'm not to fussed about it at the moment

I have a van full of different cleaning chemicals for different situations, don't use any of them.Ubik and Magic sponge does everything (apart from silicone removal ) for this you need screwfix silicone remover
Gona order me some of that silicone remover too, nightmare round where I am. thankyou

4f7f5db2f2497f3d44bbcbfa2feb0a91.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use a green scouring pad and some ciff, then rinse the frames and tackle the glass after when trad.

For pole work I would squirts some washing up liquid on my brush.

I use a green scouring pad and some ciff, then rinse the frames and tackle the glass after when trad.For pole work I would squirts some washing up liquid on my brush.

You will have caused some serious scratches to the plastics cif is way to abrasive and will cause lasting damage .

Back