Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The new cost of Hypo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can accept there are issues regarding the delivery of hazardous chemicals, but there must be an element of profiteering with delivery charges, i.e. when you've got companies delivering the exact same products and sizes and some deliver hypo for free and others charge £20.
Bonnymans delivery charges were already too much and if they've gone up again there'll lose customers, compared to a company like liquipak whose delivery is much faster and free.
Softwash UK want another £20 to deliver a litre of Clever Wash - a surfactant / scent masker which surely isn't classed as hazardous.

I'm sure some of these companies treat delivery as another source of income. I'd rather they were honest about it and just added the extra to the actual cost of the product cos it feels like we're being ripped off.

I can accept there are issues regarding the delivery of hazardous chemicals, but there must be an element of profiteering with delivery charges, i.e. when you've got companies delivering the exact same products and sizes and some deliver hypo for free and others charge £20.
Bonnymans delivery charges were already too much and if they've gone up again there'll lose customers, compared to a company like liquipak whose delivery is much faster and free.
Softwash UK want another £20 to deliver a litre of Clever Wash - a surfactant / scent masker which surely isn't classed as hazardous.

I'm sure some of these companies treat delivery as another source of income. I'd rather they were honest about it and just added the extra to the actual cost of the product cos it feels like we're being ripped off.
They might be reducing it because they were saying that business has fallen off a cliff. Covid was holding alot of companies up. Just read a wholesale Pharma company has went bust. If you can't make money in pharmaceuticals then what can you make money in. I thought a pharmaceutical company was a licence to print money. ?

Lets be honest the price of everything f**king thing has sky rocketed, some are due to operating costs rising.... others are just jumping on the band wagon.
Diesel has went from a pound odds to £1.80 and rising. Everything needs diesel to get delivered or transported so everything has got to go up. If the UK Gov removes Vat from diesel then it will get alot better.

My local farm supplier has it in stock for £26 inc vat at the moment
Red label stuff
Picked up 5 drums earlier
I get mine from a farm supply shop 300 yards away from my house but every delivery they get the price is different Wynnstay want £36 per drum

Also brought mine in summer from farm shop - they had 100 blue plastic 25L containers that they left outside in the sun :) I asked the farmer guy if they took them in and he said no they don't bother - it was 30 degrees baking hot i'm surprised it worked tbh

Latest Posts

Back