Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pencil or fan jets on hydrophobic glass

chris70

hi guys was thinking of getting fan jets for hydrophobic glass as pencil seem to bead alot more would i get more of a sheet of water with them like on hydrophilic glass or is there no diff cheers

hi guys was thinking of getting fan jets for hydrophobic glass as pencil seem to bead alot more would i get more of a sheet of water with them like on hydrophilic glass or is there no diff cheers
You need a high flow with fan jets, not as accurate and because they spread the water out further rinsing bigger bits of muck is harder. Try them, you might prefer them. You could have a brush with both fan and pencils in and swap whenever you like.

Just rinse them as normal with pencils

Just because it's not sheeting doesn't mean they're not clean

They repel dirt and water so as long as you rinse they will be fine

I just rinse a bit closer together if i am worried

I much prefer pencil jets whether it's hydrophobic or hydrophilic glass when cleaning windows.

I prefer jets when cleaning gutters, fascias, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I much prefer pencil jets whether it's hydrophobic or hydrophilic glass when cleaning windows.
I prefer jets when cleaning gutters, fascias, etc.

good point fans for fascias

I had this dilema about 2 years ago, been fans ever since

It all made sense once I went fans, it didn't effect my settings wildly and water usage didn't change

caution: the red plastic fan jets Gardiner sell break very easily if you knock the back of the brush on say a down pipe or window reveal. I have got through 10 of the buggers since December, so the next set I'm going to buy will be brass ones!

Alex if you read this please take note, red plastic fan jets need improving, can you get some made in stronger, less brittle material?

I didn't like your fans on that upvc job yesterday Neil

I reckon the pencils are better unless you whack the flow right up

Don't do the brass ones!!!! I tried them they just don't work as well the red ones

Only use the brass ones in my sill brush for pvc

if you use fans on a very high flow you end up with a load of pure water mist, that does very little in the way of rinsing. I like to use them on a low flow (30 on my pump controller) which produces a sprinkley effect. But I have used pencils quite a bit and like them too, i just find the sprinkle works for me.

I didn't like your fans on that upvc job yesterday NeilI reckon the pencils are better unless you whack the flow right up
I prefer them on jobs like that when it's just dirt that rinses away. I think pencils are better when there's loads of little lumps of **** that need rinsing away with accuracy.

In fact at the risk for sounding vulgar the effect I'm looking from from my fan jets is the same as when you do a slash, so what you need are **** jets!

I use fan jets mostly- gardiner red ones, havent broken them at all so far, I think they might be better for hydrophobic glass, just cos it sprays more water across glass, but sometimes the water still beads up something awful. Just spray and hope its alright. I have 3mm pencil jets to fit, but cant decide which brush to fit them too:confused:

Latest Posts

Back