The Problem With The Phone

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Catherine, Feb 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Ok

Ive done this for 21 years. Ive cold called, had conversations, had rejections, had call backs, somebody is on holiday, somebody is in a meeting, somebody is off sick, call back, next week.

Part of marketing any business, is the ability to communicate, if you dont, the business - will not grow - I do this for a job. Pick up the phone and call, so simple. People are not ogres on the other end of the line, and if you make an ass of yourself first time calling - dosent matter - you just pick the phone up again and call the next.

Business does not come to you

Give it a go guys. Pick 50 buildings that you have your eyes on, put the in a database and ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Personally i prefer calling at the building and asking too speak too the man/woman in charge, smile sweetly at the secretary and leave a flyer if not available , offer first clean at same price if they give me a contract etc etc , dont think phoning works as well IMHO

3. mark m

mark m Hero

As you have been doing cold calling for years I bet you are very good at it, Personally I am **** on the phone and much better face to face .

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Does emailing have a good percentage of call backs or is that like putting leaflets through doors. Not very successful?

5. mark m

mark m Hero

I tried that a while back never got anything from it then I e-mailed a b&b I do and it was in there spam box so i give up on that idea

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Hi Mark, its pretty much a numbers game, would look at doing 25 calls an hour.

7. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

All about the numbers, like when you were young trying to get a girlfriend if you ask them all one is bound to say YES... :lol:

8. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Haha I like that, so true lmao

9. harunh

harunh Legend

lol

plenty of jobs out their like theirs plenty of fish :p

Advertisement