Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotting/vision??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

charlie tapper

Hi guys

I cleaned my own windows today and noticed spotting once dried

It looks like greasy/ sticky marks around the outside of each spotting .

Not really noticeable unless you catch windows in right reflection .

My water is on 001 so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have been using vision for just over a week now

Just hopeing it's not happening on customers windows! I haven't checked as I don't go bk to collect!

I always scrub well and rinse thoroughly .

Just wondering if this happens to anyone else or could it be vision additive ??

Thanks

sounds like u have over dosed it happen d to me a wile bk left glass smeary well it turned out i dident mix it proply my tank has 3 chambers chamber 1 was 012 chamber 2 was oo7 chamber 3 was ooo i top up with vishion every other tank fill or every 3rd tank full as i usly come home with quater of a tank

Hi guysI cleaned my own windows today and noticed spotting once dried

It looks like greasy/ sticky marks around the outside of each spotting .

Not really noticeable unless you catch windows in right reflection .

My water is on 001 so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have been using vision for just over a week now

Just hopeing it's not happening on customers windows! I haven't checked as I don't go bk to collect!

I always scrub well and rinse thoroughly .

Just wondering if this happens to anyone else or could it be vision additive ??

Thanks
Like a soapy residue? I've noticed it too. I'm thinking about knocking it on the head tbh.

I've stopped using it as to be honest the bubbles annoyed the hell out of me.

I prefer to use a boost (not vision) if need be on my brush directly rather than having an additive mixed in the tank.

I've stopped using it as to be honest the bubbles annoyed the hell out of me.I prefer to use a boost (not vision) if need be on my brush directly rather than having an additive mixed in the tank.
The bubbles were annoying me as well @Smurf !

I think it gave good results but i have decided to just use the pure again :thumbsup:

you guys may have overdosed on it overtime having an accumilative effect,sometimes its better to say have one day in the week without adding anything just to purge the residue and start again on an even keel,the bubbles can cause an annoyance sometimes:devil:,you could also try reducing the dosage by half if the bubbles annoy you and see how it goes.

Really stormy weather has been playing havoc all over the place. Windows getting hammered with dirt and tree sap etc. Windows need a more thorough rinse in this kind of weather.

thats reay odd tuffers as ive had 003 b 4 an had no issue every day i fill my tank i clean my front windows as im a bit ocd about them lol an they have allways dryed perfect

I've not overdosed so is Interesting you say it leaves residue on the glass (which I know it does) that builds up as I thought the idea was to aid the cleaning process and make the windows cleaner?

At least applying a boost on a brush when required the glass can be rinsed off properly with pure afterwards surely?

you guys may have overdosed on it overtime having an accumilative effect,sometimes its better to say have one day in the week without adding anything just to purge the residue and start again on an even keel,the bubbles can cause an annoyance sometimes:devil:,you could also try reducing the dosage by half if the bubbles annoy you and see how it goes.

thats the only reason I would use it

one problem i would have is my partner drinks the pure water out the tank as if it is going out of vision... sorry fashion

that was,int even funny

thats the only reason I would use itone problem i would have is my partner drinks the pure water out the tank as if it is going out of vision... sorry fashion

that was,int even funny
It was funny /emoticons/biggrin.png

I use 1 pump in my 250 tank. Well under dose. Couldn't stand slow rinsing and pump on full. (bubbles) Much netter on lower dose. I did my house while I was messing with pole etc. I was doing a test, half a sheet of glass on WFT and other half trad. Both using pure water from tank to bet glass. I ended up with spotting on top of glass. My windows are bad for spotting, so good to rest. Vision does make glass shine. Ill try over a few months and see

I've not overdosed so is Interesting you say it leaves residue on the glass (which I know it does) that builds up as I thought the idea was to aid the cleaning process and make the windows cleaner?At least applying a boost on a brush when required the glass can be rinsed off properly with pure afterwards surely

never said it left a residue on the glass smurf?

I'm not totally satisfied with it. But will try less.

Seems good to get rid of marks quicker but not totally convinced on finish after seeing the soapy residue marks on mine . Not completely noticeable but maybe just pure water is best

I'm not totally satisfied with it. But will try less.Seems good to get rid of marks quicker but not totally convinced on finish after seeing the soapy residue marks on mine . Not completely noticeable but maybe just pure water is best
any pictures of it because I don't know what soapy residue looks like

Back