Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van mot gess how much i spent today.

Spent £1200 on my motorhome 3 months ago now I need to spend £800 on my zafira (needs gearbox) and lost £2000 px swapping the wife's mini for her new focus ,,,, bloody hate cars , cost me a fortune this year

I dunno how.much u spent.but i spent nearly 400 quid a.month ago /emoticons/unsure.png vauxhall combo van
Yeah I've got a combo, recently spent out £500 on getting some things done on suspension and then took it for a full service couple of weeks ago, ended up needing a new oil sump - which plus labour and the service was around £450. Nearly a grand in 3 months and I think I might need some new tyres now /emoticons/sad.png

I'm also paranoid about the chain going on these....

Just had a full service & MOT done on my 2004 combo plus a couple of bushes and bearings for £220 all in.

I'm fortunate to know an awesome guy who takes really good care of me.

i still do minor repairs on my van as i was in this trade donkeys years . im hovering over buying brand spanker new crewvan 6 seater partner but need a test drive lookover first . a lot of crewvans have awful rear seats , i wont buy if awful seats for my workers . at the mo my workers sit in individual recliners !

Any of you guys renting a van? A mate of mine who is a painter, decided last year to do just that and although I think you pay more in the long run - they deliver a brand new van and sort out all repairs.... I know there is the obvious issue with fitting a tank and all of that, but he recons just return it to stock before your due an upgrade (presumably just take tank out and have it re-boarded?)?

I broke down a couple weeks bk, gear box broken and clutch on the way, second hand gear box and brand new clutch cost me £350 which i think was ok, would have been more if i didnt know the bloke, get my mot there every year

**** me that was cheap...nice one:thumbsup:

I broke down a couple weeks bk, gear box broken and clutch on the way, second hand gear box and brand new clutch cost me £350 which i think was ok, would have been more if i didnt know the bloke, get my mot there every year

Back