The weather !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by All Round Cleaning, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

what weather conditions do you throw the towel in at ? and out of the year how many days or at what percentage is it not possible to work in ? :p

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Today for sure raining to hard and i felt a little hungover from playing darts last ***ht:D:D

3. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Depends where you live. Up north and the West Coast seem to get it more than the rest of England. Here in East Anglia we have had a mild Winter really. I think if you can get three good days out of five and use Saturday as a catch up day then your going to make a living from your round. If the weather lets you down on the Saturday then work alittle harder the following week. I think we can work round the weather!. Some do work in rain etc. me personally a light shower I would or I'd finish off the house I had started anyway... Snow. - No go for me. In Feb I managed to get most of my work for the month done and I had 10 days where I couldn't do a thing because of snow. I ended up doing lots of customers a week late... But. what I will do is pull them forward a day or two in the forthcoming months to keep them and my round on track. I just keep an eye on when I clean windows and work around the weather... For example say I cleaned your windows on or around the 5th of the month and I turned up on the 5th of Jan and then the 5th of Feb it snowed and I couldn't clean you till the 12th of Feb... In March I would aim to get my round on track for around the 9th or 10th and the following month the 7th or 8th bringing the round back into line... Sounds complicated and I hope you understand what I mean. I am finding it hard to explain on the computer!!!

4. Masons

Masons Guru

Lots of factors contribute:

If it's drizzling I'll do any work unless I'm asked by the customer to not do them.
    If it's raining fairly heavy, but there's no wind it's possible for me to do some jobs.
    If it's light rain yet it's windy so windows are being visibly drenched I may call it a day.
    If it's absolutely BOMBING IT DOWN, I don't clean windows as I believe looking like a drowned rat doesn't do my business image much good, even if I am earning money. lol

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Ditto, but also, for me up here in north east scotland, wind can be a major factor. I think i have lost more days this winter through strong wind than sub zero temperatures and snow!.

Advertisement