Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would this stuff be alright on plywood?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Anyone else with a kangoo must know what i mean.. at the front of the top (false) floor behind the bulkhead there is a dipped bit in each corner where water will find it's way and that stupidly drains the water into the proper floor underneath which consequently then fills up the cab behind the seats with water..

The rear of the van looks nice and dry but you could go swimming in the cab once you have had a spillage

That is why i am fibreglassing mine to make a waterproof tub except for the back doors

there wont be many WC who hav,nt had a leak in there van, flooded mine few times,left pump on while filling van,not the best
Ah yes the van flooding.

Was filling up van not so long ago with the 1" hose from the submersible pump, went in,drinking coffee and totally forgot.

After approx 20 mins my neighbour who was leaving for work knocked on the door to say there was water pouring from my van! It was in the foot wells, the back, pouring out the back doors etc [emoji79] oh dear!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Forecast doesn't look too good does it? We had a bit of a late start yesterday due to the early rain and as grandson has to be picked up from school, got an early finish in the afternoon. When we got back into town it had been raining very heavily which, thankfully we missed. Then the wind started from nowhere.
I'm a little fortunate with my van as the floor is lower than the drivers compartment so flooded water leaves via the doors and the other drain holes I have created by removing a couple the rubber grommets. But water gets into the sills and drips from there for ages. I don't need that as the inside of the sills are rusting away already.

The transfer pump I have is specified at 41 liters per minute. Its probably a lot less when coupled up to the length of transfer hose. When filling up my 650 liter tank I resolved many years ago to stand and watch it - never leave it alone. But I get rather bored standing there for 15 minutes, so on occasion have started something else, like slipped inside to switch the kettle on to make a cup of coffee. And this is when I slip into a parallel universe where time moves very slowly, but back in the other universe the flow of water into the tank doesn't. When I walk back outside with my newly made hot cup of coffee I discover that 1000 litres from the ibc tank doesn't go into a 650 liter tank.

This slipping into a parallel universe isn't just triggered when filling up with water. Its a phenomenon that does often occur when cleaning windows. I often wonder why it can take me an hour to clean a 3 bedroom semi when it seemed I was there and completed the job in record time. My son says I'm the only one he has ever seen who can slip into a coma and still remain standing up.

The original van my son had was a Peugeot Partner which didn't have a side door. I flooded that out on numerous occasions filling the footwells with water. The trouble is that the wiring runs down each side of the van and they join the dash wiring harness wires to the rear wiring harness on the side of the doors. So flooding the van out plays havoc with the electrics, especially the central locking.

He now has the same van but a Citroen Berlingo with a side loading door. I fiberglassed the floor and up the sides a bit so the inside is a tub and the only place water can escape is out of the rear doors.
thats me thought I was the only guy to clean the same window three times,I just put it down two the system being really quick, just got the citreon dispatch so much watch for it flooding if there is low wiring,see how it goes

Anyone else with a kangoo must know what i mean.. at the front of the top (false) floor behind the bulkhead there is a dipped bit in each corner where water will find it's way and that stupidly drains the water into the proper floor underneath which consequently then fills up the cab behind the seats with water..The rear of the van looks nice and dry but you could go swimming in the cab once you have had a spillage

That is why i am fibreglassing mine to make a waterproof tub except for the back doors
Its because they are car derived vans. Once the seats are removed they have to extend the rear floor forwards to get a flat cargo area. In doing that they cover the rear footwells with a plate that isn't waterproof. Any spilt water will just gravitate into the footwells.

Luckily for me my driveway faces uphill, so I park " nose up", in the event of the auto shut-off not working it should run out the back doors.

I also suffer from window cleaner comatose, and ask myself "did I clean that one?"

I hope no one is watching!

Luckily for me my driveway faces uphill, so I park " nose up", in the event of the auto shut-off not working it should run out the back doors.I also suffer from window cleaner comatose, and ask myself "did I clean that one?"

I hope no one is watching!
I don't suffer from that as i will be on the other side of the house before i have time to think about it lol

I dawdle between jobs and have lots of breaks but once on a job i am like a man possesed..then i spend 10 minutes recovering before the next job :rofl:

Well, I don't think it'll be winning any awards for style, but should do the trick. I really should have sanded down the fiberglass before adding the top coat but I was being a lazy sod. Just got to put filler around the tie downs and she's good to go.

Before and afters:

cbee951cc4f321b59df785f6d2e288e8.jpg

888a863150e1753bad46ea77fef20327.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Has anyone tried Raptor bed liner?

Ive had a quote for my new Renault Master for £280+VAT which I feel is very reasonable seeing as the quote I had for speedliner & LineX was touching a £1000!!!

[media]

[/media]

Latest Posts

Back