Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The world is your oyster...

Masons

I can't help but love how cheesy I am.

I say cheesy, but I do try.

I keep walking into places; shops, restaurants, whatever.

And I always seem to end up talking to someone about their windows and leaving a card, and most times leaving a quote and having a lovely chat with the owner.

I keep getting bigger and bigger jobs, higher paid and more often.

It really pays off to stick at it.

For motivation I keep pics of things I want or need with me at work and this drives me on.

This next year ideally I'd like to move house, go on holiday and change my van... I doubt I'll get all three but you need them in front of you to push you that extra mile.

i started part time in august and full time in november. It just feels like a corner is being turned...every week 3, 4 or 5 new customers....getting lots of big jobs.....getting quite a few 20.quid plus customers (even got a 57 quid customer last week!...well chuffed). Somebody on here once said that every new customer is like a pay rise. Its very true. I was in the civil service for 28 years. For the last 4, my pay had been frozen. Now my destiny is in my own hands and i like it. I am slower than most window cleaners, but ensure the job is top quality. All my customers seem to really appreciate that and word is spreading.....its a good line of business to be in. Just keep believing and dont accept or even ponder failure!!

The only motto I've had is...

'There's no such thing as failure, only feedback'

This keeps me going and keeps driving me to success

James.

Back