Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

25 Or 50 Litre Trolly?

WJCN64

Ive been using a Gardener Backpack to start off with for about 5 months and its causing me LOADS of hassle so im wondering if its best to get a 25 or 50 litre trolly untill i can get a van mount? if so what make? im thinkingbout getting a trailer and just carrying the water in that insted of my car. with a 100m of hose.

First i would just stick to a 25 lt trolley they are heavy enough , Secondly at times when i first started i often took 10 25lt barrels in the back of van and left the trolley in back of van and just used 100m hose

yer forget the idea of a 50lt one, way to heavy to pull around, just use the 25lt one and carry a few with you. then just swap them when you need to!

Ok cool i think i will get a 25litre be cheaper any how any fave makes? Pure freedom looks good.i think but in not sure what other gooduns there are....

I've got a 25ltr pf trolley,..great bit of kit /emoticons/wink.png

You can also make one yourself very cheaply if you like diy

see wagga vids for ideas how to make a diy trolley for next to nothing

I've put a 50l tub next to my water butt as an overflow and it filled up this week, theres absolutely no way I could lift it up now but then again I am a shrimp.

purefreedom trolley all day long /emoticons/smile.png but i find using a trolley is very annoying ! u have to lug the trolley about... then u got to go back to the van and get your 25ltr barrell... it takes up 2 much time if u ask me

I reckon backpacks save much more time then trolleys

same here im using a pf trolley with 25l barrels and theres no way i want to be dragging a 50l about
What you on about man? 50 litre trolley will go like a shell downhill!

purefreedom trolley all day long /emoticons/smile.png but i find using a trolley is very annoying ! u have to lug the trolley about... then u got to go back to the van and get your 25ltr barrell... it takes up 2 much time if u ask me

If you think A backpack is going to be easier it's not.

I put my backpack on a trolley and now use it much more.. Filling was an issue. I was using my hose reel, and put flow up to 99, this took 4 mins to fill. So I put a new tap on tank and can now fill up in 90 seconds.. Im about to make my own trolley that I can just swap the barrels to try save time and hassle. So I may dismantle my backpack and convert it to a trolley I can change the barrels..

Pulling out 100m of hose and trying to go in and out peoples backs getting caught in everything is what is annoying.. With the backpack on wheels or a trolley you can be round and out in less time, no messing about

It is annoying puing it about i used to use a sef buid which i was using for subcontracting, but my plan is to leave it in the traier and put a hose reel off n use it like that, so if i dont want to haul the trolley about to much.

Back