Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Here's A Good One - Sacked Myself Today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rugbywolf

I pulled up at one of my customers today, the house stands alone and I was at the back of my van getting my stuff out, when the man of the house came out and said to leave them this time. Had a quick glance at the house, could see no builders, painters, block-pavers, new windows (you know the score), so asked him why. He said his wfe wasn't dressed yet. I looked at him, thought he was joking, and said are you serious, he said yes, she was still in bed (11:45 am). I said OK and began putting my stuff away, and he said you can come back later if you want. I said no thanks, left and crossed him off my list.

lol classic. I got a couple people work nights so I asked which room they sleep in and I make sure I'm extra quiet round that side of house.

can i have everyones cast offs please.
you'll be doing a lot of driving, swas! But i've got one you can have in Congham, Norfolk - right fussy bs'tard he was!

I pulled up at one of my customers today, the house stands alone and I was at the back of my van getting my stuff out, when the man of the house came out and said to leave them this time. Had a quick glance at the house, could see no builders, painters, block-pavers, new windows (you know the score), so asked him why. He said his wfe wasn't dressed yet. I looked at him, thought he was joking, and said are you serious, he said yes, she was still in bed (11:45 am). I said OK and began putting my stuff away, and he said you can come back later if you want. I said no thanks, left and crossed him off my list.
Haha, loving they way people are taking no ****.

I'm going to start being like this /emoticons/biggrin.png

Went round to collect some money off a lady the other day and she said "Hey, can you come back, my dog must of chewed up your card, and I wasn't expecting you!"... Abit like saying to your teacher that your dog chewed up ya homework lol

I sack one or two from time to time... I think november is a funny month. Christmas is coming and you always get the odd person who thinks that the weather has made it so the windows do not need cleaning anymore. My advise is to sack anyone who messes you about. When starting out get what you can. But. once you have a round of say 200+ customers A customer base)... Dropping one or two will not hurt!... You will always find the work elsewhere. I do one area of houses and people say to me that they have struggled to find a regular window cleaner for years... And now i know why - they want the windows cleaned for Free lol... , I find older customers better. They are always in, they look forward in seeing you, pay well etc etc. People who mess you about... Drop em'... Self Motivation is the key to success in self employment and people who mess you about will only jilt your confidence... Window Cleaning has been around since Windows were put in houses. they get dirty in the winter, summer all year round, they need cleaning fact... Anyone who thinks any different are full of it!!!!

I sack one or two from time to time... I think november is a funny month. Christmas is coming and you always get the odd person who thinks that the weather has made it so the windows do not need cleaning anymore. My advise is to sack anyone who messes you about. When starting out get what you can. But. once you have a round of say 200+ customers A customer base)... Dropping one or two will not hurt!... You will always find the work elsewhere. I do one area of houses and people say to me that they have struggled to find a regular window cleaner for years... And now i know why - they want the windows cleaned for Free lol... , I find older customers better. They are always in, they look forward in seeing you, pay well etc etc. People who mess you about... Drop em'... Self Motivation is the key to success in self employment and people who mess you about will only jilt your confidence... Window Cleaning has been around since Windows were put in houses. they get dirty in the winter, summer all year round, they need cleaning fact... Anyone who thinks any different are full of it!!!!
I'll drink to that!!

Ive let go of loads of customers through them saying.."can you come back?"..so u do..then they say they forgot..the classic..they pat their pockets and says "Aaar, im sorry, i havnt been to the bank" so i say.."do you want to do bank transfer?" and they say they dont have online banking!! I let them do it a few times because i find sometimes people need to get into a routine of you coming, but after a few strikes..i let them go, its annoying when you go out collecting and get knocked back..its hard to carry on collecting because it puts you on a downer..ive learnt that its ok saying your earning lets say £400 a week but in reality your only getting £300 because of time wasters..all the fuel and time you spend going back and forth, like rjacandwc said..take on anything..gardens full of poo :wacko: ..time wasters..then drop them once u get some decent stuff..Good luck to anyone starting out in this field, ive been doing it 4 years now.. it can pay off if you do it right.

Went round to collect some money off a lady the other day and she said "Hey' date=' can you come back, my dog must of chewed up your card, and I wasn't expecting you!"... Abit like saying to your teacher that your dog chewed up ya homework lol[/quote']i know this always sounds a bad excuse but my dog is always eating letters lol and take away menus

i know this always sounds a bad excuse but my dog is always eating letters lol and take away menus
so the little note u put through saying they are done may get eaten? i had 1 women argue with me at the door that i hadnt done them, i had done them because its not something i do..lie to customers! i said.."i put the note through the door" she said she didnt it..then she lifted a welly up in the hallway and it was under that..BOOOOM!! she then asked me to come back..i did..but then never did them again..cheeky!

so the little note u put through saying they are done may get eaten? i had 1 women argue with me at the door that i hadnt done them' date=' i had done them because its not something i do..lie to customers! i said.."i put the note through the door" she said she didnt it..then she lifted a welly up in the hallway and it was under that..BOOOOM!! she then asked me to come back..i did..but then never did them again..cheeky![/quote']lol i bet she felt a rite ---- lol yeah its true trust me i have come home and found whats left of a menu in the dogs basket half a telephone number and abit that says meal deal.

Back