Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

john39

hi guys just got myself a 2006 caddy, so getting closer to not humping drums about lol.

I live in a top flat so I have nowhere to have a static tank, so I need to have a ro system in my van.

does anyone know of a suitable ro and a pump to match?

if anyone has pics of this type of setup could u post some pics of it?

john

Ebay is full of examples of complete systems with prefilters, 4040 r/o's and a di vessel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Genie-500L-x-1-User-Bronze-Window-Cleaning-System-/350413984311?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item51964d1237

Here is another example of a single operator system fitted in a van. You can just see the r/o sitting ontop of the tank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-INCH-RO-PRO-500-LITRE-WATER-FED-POLE-SYSTEM-/191372973973?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item2c8eb7d795

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You better get scouring ebay or saving, just a membrane cost over £200. You need to be lucky to get a really good deal.

Yeah mate, if i remember correctly cheapnchearfull uses one, but you will find it sloooooow. So if you dont use loads of water yes it will get you going, but if you need hundreds of litres a day then you will struggle.

Ok, i think the 300gpd wont be enough for your needs. Or you will constantly producing pure and struggling to keep up, do you have an ibc for storing your pure yet?

When i went down the Ro route i like you was looking at the 300gpd and reckoned that if i started producing on friday that by monday i would have enough, but i was incredibly lucky and bagged a second hand 4040(with brand new membrane fitted), sediment and carbon filters for £300 coincidently.

I live in a flat I have no place for a ibc tank, thats why im lokin for a system for my van

Keir is it ok have a 300 litre tank in the van and pump the water through the ro and into di and into my hose will it be powerful enough

Yeah i reckon, alot of folk whose tap pressure is low use a booster pump, so no difference really.

Hang on john i have probably give you duff info check this thread out http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/next-question-for-you-all-sorry.13110/#post-183280You should be fine with the 300gpd mate, soz about that lol
John needs to be aware that processing water in a flat isn't without issues. Firstly, a 300 litre 'header tank' weighs over 300 kgs which will be concentrated in one small section of floor, so he needs to be sure that the floor will support that weight, especially if he is not in a ground floor flat.

Neighbours will soon realise what John is doing and create objections as they will start to panic. Even if there isn't a valid issue, they will complain that he is taking all their water etc.

How will he contain an overflow/spill? Again, this is an important question if he is not on the ground floor. Will he be covered with insurance? A 300GPD r/p isn't a fast water producer and the ideal is to use it to process water into a much larger storage tank, ie and IBC tank so it can be working during the day when he is out cleaning windows.

There is a reason why the r/o of choice to fill a van is an on board 4040. Its quick - taking around 3-4 hours at most to fill a 500 liter tank on the van.

Added:

I would consider processing water directly into the van provided you have parking close to the flat. You can buy a 4040 on a stand, locate it in the flat, and have the pure water out of a window directly into the tank in the van via a connector on the outside van port (so you can lock your van up whilst its unattended.) A fellow windie I know has this;

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/2400-gpd-high-volume-reverse-osmosis-system-40-membrane-p-610.html

I would also add an overflow tap at the top of the tank on the side than can be opened during filling. A hose would be fitted to this tap that will direct any overflow to a waste drain so it doesn't fill the van with water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back