Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Land Rover Defender 110 wfp setups !!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Josh sharp

Im in the process of selling my van and hopefully getting a Land rover defender 110 long wheel base for my wfp setup. I would LOVE to see some pics of setups please !! Thanks

Don't worry about it josh it's just green messing

We all have a joke at each other

I've seen a guy with WFP from defender but it was just back pack setup sadly - be good to see your pics when done

Have a look at www.souterwindowcleaning.co.uk on the about us page their is just pics not specifics , Landys ain't great on fuel are uncomfortable to drive on tarmac plus you will most likely have to have a custom made tank or am i wrong .

I have Mitsubishi L200 and putting a 400-600 litre tank in that is so easy and overall is a simple set up .

Have a look at www.souterwindowcleaning.co.uk on the about us page their is just pics not specifics , Landys ain't great on fuel are uncomfortable to drive on tarmac plus you will most likely have to have a custom made tank or am i wrong .
I have Mitsubishi L200 and putting a 400-600 litre tank in that is so easy and overall is a simple set up .
Nice site - great pic of the team

When i started i put my ro kit in the boot of my peugot 206 no jokes

hoses and all what a mess

and worked directly from hose

got alot of commercials done like this

but no good for tank

I seen a Volvo estate in Leicester - all filtration in the wheel well where the spare should go, tank on top, uprated suspension and then a retractable cover to hide the tank so passer by wide boys dont know whats in there. Think it was only a 175lL tank but the old boy only does 10-12 a day to 'keep his hand in' as he put it.

That I can respect!

Thanks guys. I was looking at a utility 110 as there bit bigger and more van like. Ive owned landys before so just fancied one so wanted to kill two birds with one stone and get a setup in it too /emoticons/smile.png anyway ill see what happens

Thanks guys. I was looking at a utility 110 as there bit bigger and more van like. Ive owned landys before so just fancied one so wanted to kill two birds with one stone and get a setup in it too /emoticons/smile.png anyway ill see what happens
I looked at getting a 110 commercial a while ago but have done nothing more about as of yet so I will be very interested in how this goes for you. I love Landy's. I drove them in the Army and in the Police, but am yet to have my own.

Im in the process of selling my van and hopefully getting a Land rover defender 110 long wheel base for my wfp setup. I would LOVE to see some pics of setups please !! Thanks
I use a 110 Station wagon.

400 ltr upright tank set to offside of landy. I use front lashing points with ratchet strap to hold tank.

Setting it across gives room for hose reel to sit at rear for easy loading unloading.

Pump, regulator attached to end of tank at rear, so nice and easy to get to. All attached on a bit of ply.

Battery sits close by held with anther strap.

Exit hole has been made for hose to travel from tank into offside wheel arch, (hole can be bunged if you come to sell) and comes out of one of the many pre drilled holes at rear of chassi with mail connector attached.

Hose reel sits outside, which means I can lock landy while working.

At a squeeze I can get family of four seated legally without taking tank out for a to b trips.

Longer trips tank comes out and main rear bench seat is unfolded back into position.

If you go utility with rear bench seat you will need to fold it up to accomadate a 400 tank.

Utility will give more room for all your kit as you won't have 6th and 7th seat like my S. Wagon

So it's a family bus and workhorse rolled into one.

Never fancied a van with all the advertising down the side and a casam of space with 10 poles

and 20 spare brushes, and the rest!!

But that's an each to their own thing.

HTH a bit.

Go for it, we need a few more Landy wfp setups.

rs2315.

Back