"They're pretty clean, we'll give it a miss this week"

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Guido Possum, Apr 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Guido Possum

Guido Possum Active Member

#1 Guido Possum, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    I got this the other day from the pharmacy I do every fortnight when I walked in to confirm with the manager that they were up this weekend.

She tells me she'll pass this fortnight.

I look at the shopfront: the windows are still clean.

Hmm.

On the one hand, it's good to know I did that good a job, but on the other that's the second business who've decided the windows aren't getting dirty enough to warrant a clean every two weeks.

Mmmmm.

Of course, I haven't exactly gone nuts on the whole canvassing thing, so I suppose I'll have to get onto that because although I haven't lost any of the 7 customers, and found them adequate practice, I'm seeing how fluid the regularity can become: since they are their windows after all, and if the service isn't needed on a given week, who in their right mind would pay for that service to be carried-out mm?

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

that job needs a different soap them i use fairy liquid on these jobs as it leves the glass sticky i have a sepurt bucket and mop the job will soon become 2 weekly also if u have allredy said 2 weekly then ide have just turned up and cleaned then walked in with the bill if u walk in and ask most will say leve it if there prity clean

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

sometimes it pays to let it drag. start going every 3 weeks,then 4 . in the meantime make a real proper effort to find fresh work. then drop that original job
    never tell them best to just fade away is my experience

4. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Newcomer

I find this a lot with residential properties customers telling you there windows are still clean
    when you know there not, iv started telling people I will have to charge extra next clean as the
    job will take longer id rather loose unregular customers and keep the good ones.

5. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

They are paying you to maintain the windows buy keeping them clean.
    If you leave them till they are dirty it means the frequency is to long.
    If I left my shops go till they were noticeably dirty I would have complaints.
    That's the point of regular maintance window cleaning to keep them looking good otherwise up the price.
    I have shops I clean weekly some 3x a week.
    And never ask permission if you priced it a 2 weekly then crack on and Bill them after.

6. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Recently put up a residential from £20 to £25 (which is still a bit underpriced)...when I called the night before she said "OK to clean tomorrow but could I change to every other clean"? When she paid I asked "did I give you a price for a 12 - 16 week clean"? (Currently cleaning the road 6 - 8 weekly)..."no" she says...I explained how the less frequent clean would take longer so it would be £30...she then asks for my phone number...think I'm in danger of losing this one.

7. Markyboy 50

I think you're right mate. Shoulda kept it at £25 unless u don't want her anymore

8. Guido Possum

We've got fairy here, though it's $6(£3)/bottle, would any dish-soap with a moisturizer do the trick? :)

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

im not shore about other washing up liquids i do no fairy is the worst for leving glass sticky maby wrth using bottol on the belt that way £3 bottol of fairy will probly last a year,just pore some fairy in a old washing up liquid bottol then fill with water pore strate on ur mop then when u have done the job put cap on and leve in van till ur due again to clean the shop again thsat way u wont wast ur fairy liquid :)

10. Guido Possum

#10 Guido Possum, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    That's the way you'd think business owners would see it, but I'll certainly not confirm again next time; up until now the manager - Lisa - has always just said "yep".

Last fortnight she asked me to skip the outside and do the inside (where I typically do the outside only each time), but yeah; I ordered a bottle of sone cheap commercisl window cleaning concentrate and I might have to just leave it out.

Only $8/litre, but even the windowd at home all look clean as a whistle and I haven't done them in over two weeks.

Advertisement