Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Georgian Windows.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

Priced up a job today it was two old cottages made into one, there was 15 Windows 2 doors all original georgain Windows in good painted condition anyway I quoted £25 for the main house £5 for the a separate office at the back was 4 window and a full glass door so £30 all in what would you guys have quoted.

Priced up a job today it was two old cottages made into one, there was 15 Windows 2 doors all original georgain Windows in good painted condition anyway I quoted £25 for the main house £5 for the a separate office at the back was 4 window and a full glass door so £30 all in what would you guys have quoted.
I dunno, but my Mrs just told me that to have her nails and toe nails painted it's £80!!!

Wealthy area, as 4.5 acres of stables and paddocks, the husband seemed very interested but had to run it by is wife she run some sort of business from a detached office at the rear of property, I would have felt uncomfortable taking photos of their property while he was there, also I felt it was fair price was interested in what everyone thought because this is only the second time I have priced up a house with original wooden Georgian Windows do you guys charge extra for them?

Wealthy area, as 4.5 acres of stables and paddocks, the husband seemed very interested but had to run it by is wife she run some sort of business from a detached office at the rear of property, I would have felt uncomfortable taking photos of their property while he was there, also I felt it was fair price was interested in what everyone thought because this is only the second time I have priced up a house with original wooden Georgian Windows do you guys charge extra for them?
When trad yes as they take much longer even with a cut to size squeegee. We do charge a little extra for Georgian windows but not much - in our area maybe a £1 or £2 on a 3 bed semi.

We have several properties with these wooden windows. One of them needs a bit more work. The owner had them repaired. They now have a single pane of double glazing with wooden vertical and horizontal trim glued to the frames. There are tiny gaps between these and the glass that traps dirt and cause the odd streak.

I concur with @Green Pro Clean Ltd and stick to your pricing. If they turn you down it may well be due to thier perception of pricing rather then what the job is worth.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the answer Spruce, I know without seeing photos, location etc but at a guess would you say I overpriced the job it's detached property plus small detached office.

Thanks for the answer Spruce, I know without seeing photos, location etc but at a guess would you say I overpriced the job it's detached property plus small detached office.
The only way you are going to know is always going it at the highest price you believe you can get for the job. If you get all the jobs your quoted on then you could up them a bit. If you get none of the jobs you quote for, then perhaps you are too expensive.

Unfortunately this playing with the market takes time. It also much depends on the area and the type of customer you are targeting/canvassing.

Customers that start off questioning price often continue to be a pain I've found. Often becoming part of the "leave it this time" club.

Those who accept straight off are usually better customers.

Lady asked me to clean her windows this week and I quoted around a tenner for her three bed mid terraced house that I hadn't seen. When I got there the frames were mingin green with algae. Was kicking myself for not quoting higher for the first clean. When I got round the back they were covered in goodness knows what. Took bloomin ages. Spoke to both her and her husband whilst cleaning them and when I'd finished he asked what they owed and before I could stop myself I blurted out £25.

His reply? "I thought it probably would be. They were pretty bad." Payed me and said, "how much each time?" "£12" I said. "Great" he said. See you in four weeks.

Decent folk normally have a reasonable idea of what they may need to pay.

Customers that start off questioning price often continue to be a pain I've found. Often becoming part of the "leave it this time" club.Those who accept straight off are usually better customers.

Lady asked me to clean her windows this week and I quoted around a tenner for her three bed mid terraced house that I hadn't seen. When I got there the frames were mingin green with algae. Was kicking myself for not quoting higher for the first clean. When I got round the back they were covered in goodness knows what. Took bloomin ages. Spoke to both her and her husband whilst cleaning them and when I'd finished he asked what they owed and before I could stop myself I blurted out £25.

His reply? "I thought it probably would be. They were pretty bad." Payed me and said, "how much each time?" "£12" I said. "Great" he said. See you in four weeks.

Decent folk normally have a reasonable idea of what they may need to pay.

That higher first clean price is very important, especially when estimating a price over the phone. ("The price for a home such as this is £x but we charge extra for an intial clean and that cost would depend on how dirty the windows are.") Everytime we have quoted a customer in the street for the same house as this, it never has been.

Last time I got caught was when quoting for a pub after dark in the winter. The yellow/orange tint of the outside lighting made those frames look perfect. They turned out totally different when we came to clean it during the day.

So rule for me is now is to only quote in daylight hours, even if it means coming back and never estimate over the phone or in the street.

We have all found a conservatory on the back of a house that the potential customer forgot he had.

-

quoted around a tenner for her three bed mid terraced house that I hadn't seen. When I got there the frames were mingin green with algae. Was kicking myself for not quoting higher for the first clean.
This is why you will NEVER see me quote or even estimate through Google maps etc. I only quote what I can see, I always charge for first clean and I only give a price to the customer face to face.

When quoting text or facebook etc in get 60% of the jobs. Face to face I close 95%

Always at best prices.

Got the job happy days, have 60 customers now about six weeks into the cleaning got two more to price up tommorrow.

Latest Posts

Back