Think I may have lost this contract....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Apr 10, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

I've been cleaning the local school since friday, but had yesterday off due to the weather. Its my lads school, but sadly it is religious, and right next door to a church. Beautiful day today, perfect on the glass. Im parked up, and cleaning the windows next to the small carpark that the church goers are parking in. Lots of old ladies and the like saying hello, and one couple even thanking the lord for the nice weather....they didnt see the funny side when I told them to ''have a word to the bloke up there about the rain yesterday!'' I made this joke before to a religious customer and they gave me the same blank look.

Anyway, moments later an old fat bloke walks over, so I took my headphones out and said good morning.
    "Who gave you permission to clean on a Sunday"?
    "What do you mean, who gave me PERMISSION?....Who are you...identify yourself?"
    "I'm the school governer".
    "I don't care, I'm a private contractor, I dont ask for permission, I work when I like. I was given a deadline which is tomorrow, so here I am"
    "This is a religious school, you cant work on a Sunday".
    "I'm a private contractor, I work when I like".
    He walks off in a huff saying; "I'll be talking to the principle about this".
    "You do that".

Theres a good chance I may lose this contract now, but thats the price you pay sometimes for not putting up with :turd:.:finger:

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't care what religion my customers are but i will be the only one dictating my working hours
    No harm to anyone cleaning an empty school on a sunday
    Surely that would not make a difference to the principal seeing as they are not there

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Surely it even makes more sense to clean it on a Sunday when nobody is there!! BTW iv noticed a few of yous clean schools. How to you obtain the contracts? I know over here you have to put in for the tender

4. TolishAPurd

Exactly. If they want to spend the day talking to a man in the sky, so be it. But I have work to do. I would understand a little if I was a big crew of lads working, talking loud, and swearing near the church....but I was just a lone bloke minding my own business with my headphones in.

5. TolishAPurd

I just had my wife ask if I remember right. I went up against 2 others and my price was about twice as much as the cheapest, but my risk assessment and method statement was better than the text that the other guy sent.:rolleyes:

Today was perfect for so many reasons. Perfect weather, easy parking, no kids, and the windows are as clean as can be when the school opens tomorrow. Last time I cleaned here I did it on a sunday with no dramas.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

he will likely be a paedo - why do i say that?- as i read your post my windowcleaner6th sense says he is-and a bad un at that

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. TolishAPurd

Funny you should say this as I genuinely thought just that when I met him.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

too much to be a co-incidence then . if youv a problem later with this contract,id put it about locally that he is a nonce

this isnt sour grapes, it might actually save some youngster . and if he is not one of those,well hes nothing to fear just a few hours down the local nick back at home for tea ,wonderin just who dobbed him in ! heeehee

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Damo

Damo Guru

I had a job that "had" to be done that week. Offered him good Friday and he said no coz he religious. Tried telling him i use holy water but didnt wash.

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Is that the school down church lane TolishAPurd where they all park & you can't get down.
    Never go down there before 9 or between 3-3.30
    Nightmare rd at them times

Advertisement