Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Corrosive decal for chemicals?

Neil

I carry chemicals in my van which are corrosive and I have heard I should have the corrosive sign on my van in case of any accident I have, I have tried to look this up but don't really understand it. For example I carry 5ltrs of acid and various other cleaning chemicals do any of you lot know if I need the sign on my van?

i worked in a chemical plant for about 6 months was a good job but had some nasty stuff stored there, hydrochloric + hydrofloric acid, the HF is nassssty stuff dissolves bones not skin /emoticons/sad.png i found a bottle of it one day aswell. to answer your orignal questions im pretty sure you are supposed to display signs of the nature of the chemicals you are carrying so if transporting corrosive then should be displaying corrosiv signs i was only a fork truck driver tho my knowlege is very limited but every truck i unloaded was covered in the signs, had to move a pallet on the forklift truck one day with this labelled on it one day ...... wasn't one of my better days at work
images

Yep your right midlands cleaners, I rang up a company today and they said it's a legal requirement to have them on your van if your carrying any kind of corrosive irritant explosive chemical you have to have the signs incase you have an accident so the emergency services can see what could cause harm.

Back