Thinking Of Asking Full Time Work For Less Hours

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Sep 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

i am thinking of asking work for les hours as I am 2 away from 200 custies.... and still working 7 days a week. (5 days for full time job and 2 days for window cleaning)

I was planning on going solo in the New Year but it might be worth going earlier. I just want to get a few more things for my business.

100 m cable and 2 new poles at a total cost of £300 then I have everything.
    before you say go solo NOW, I cant, 1 houshold income and mortgage, child, pets, and bills to pay.... (althought we have some stupid bills like loads of insurances the missus insists on...)

I have a week off at the end of october and when I get back I was going to ask work if I can do a 4 day week for about 4 months and them go solo on the window cleaning business.

I am getting about 20 -30 customers a month at the moment and its been this way all year so I should have nearly 280 by jan next year.

All without canvassing - just dont have time at the moment to canvass.

Advertisement
  2. garyboy

garyboy Well-Known Member

How are you getting custys then

3. harunh

harunh Legend

doign well mate

why dont u hit the jackpot and canvass on 1 sunday for 5,6 hours :p ;) u will then gain a big number maybe :D

4. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

cards and WOM

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I work all sunday, cleaning

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

So thats like 50 each sunday then?

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

WoW I do 200 customers a month and I work full time on the glass, well about 3-4 days a week

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I doubt he does 50 in 1 day lol maybe more like 25 a day after all he is using wfp .

9. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a fixation with the number of customers people have, I personally think thats an irrelevance.

If you have 250 customers/ month at £2 each (£500) that isn't so good as 175 customers/ at £10 each £1750).

I did a quick count t'other day, it seems I have approx 190 customers spread over a 6-8 week round. Thats after nearly 4 years and I turn customers away because I've got to much for me to really deal with. (I did have a break from window cleaning for 2 1/2 years. Prior to that I did 10 years and I never, ever counted the number of customers I had)

It's the MONEY you are doing it for. You know what you need/want to earn. Go for that target.

In my opinion :rolleyes:

When I said "I did 10 years", that was window cleaning not as a guest of Her Majesty!

10. harunh

harunh Legend

150 customers for me brings in over 1 K

Advertisement