Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Door Knocking.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

Im desperate for door knocking to be successful but i cant seem to master it!. i went out this evening in my village and knocked doors of people i knew as everyone knows everyone and not one person said yes :angry: SOOOOOO im willing to pay someone to come with me for a few hours in the week to knock doors. im also willing to pay you £5 per customer you get me lol :lol:

Sounds like you have same prob as me I live in a village with 6 cleaners covering it they run it like a club people have had same cleaners for years it's like an unwritten law they stick with em loyalty I suppose may just have to try a little further mate if an areas sewn up it will take persistence to get in prob have to buy in

just seems every place i go to there windows are cleaned and theres no dirt on them. if i come across homes with the odd bit of algae in the sills i pop a leaflet in and i sometimes knock but its a no go. ive covered almost everywhere within 15 miles of my home. looks like my only option is to get someone to come with me and pay them to knock and talk the lingo OR pay for advertising at 80 odd quid a month.

just seems every place i go to there windows are cleaned and theres no dirt on them. if i come across homes with the odd bit of algae in the sills i pop a leaflet in and i sometimes knock but its a no go. ive covered almost everywhere within 15 miles of my home. looks like my only option is to get someone to come with me and pay them to knock and talk the lingo OR pay for advertising at 80 odd quid a month.
Or find another job .

If you cant pick up a single job within 15 miles of your house theres something wrong somewhere .

i get jobs but i have to spend mass amounts of cash on advertising to get anything. theres so many cleaners who have been going 15-20 yrs and they get all the work

Used to work for a firm in Banbury can see the attraction for lots of competition up northwest I've been looking upto 42 miles away for start up chances I need a good healthy start to pay the misses what she's used to couldn't get going locally would be too slow plan to make. A bit by travelling with the aim of building my way backwards to my area

Blooming heck things have changed a bit since I was there last 12 years + used to feel like a poor relation visiting them days

hahaha its dog eat dog here now. i know a bloke who started up car washing and no one was interested. 6 months later polish started it and done it loads cheaper and it took off

Sounds tough audience you will get there got to keep plugging away but sounds like you need a bit of success to keep your chin up similar here as I say find the bread and butter and keep plugging away mate would put smilie but can't find em

they dont have overheads do they or tax nat ins etc. they just buy some ebay ladders a bucket and go round in groups. some clean and the others go round collecting the money. ive seen this in london aswell.

i get jobs but i have to spend mass amounts of cash on advertising to get anything. theres so many cleaners who have been going 15-20 yrs and they get all the work
Most wuill say stay away from other window cleaners work, I say different. Chap all there doors. They will have some unhappy customers some where if not you will need to make sure you offer a better serivce. i.e wipe frames and ledges free, offer discounts on any other services you provide

i agree, business is business theres no rules to it. dont get tesco saying keep away sainsburys. i saw a sainsburys store one side of the road and a tescos was being built the other side lol

As mark says business is business .

Im going all out sunday to go knocking and if I have anyone say to me I already have one I will ask what level of service

They currently get and I will be taking on a few other windies customers I dont care any more .

As mark says business is business .
Im going all out sunday to go knocking and if I have anyone say to me I already have one I will ask what level of service

They currently get and I will be taking on a few other windies customers I dont care any more .
Certainetly one way to get work to go toe to toe with the opposition after speaking to a lot of established windies have noted that for every idea some one has of gaining work from another windy the established windy has an armoury of defensive ploys to regain or protect his/her round ranging from clever strategies to just following down back alleys and thumping the competition one guy in our area pulled another windys ladders away while he was up em got done in court but as repeatedly said he will do it again just weigh up the competitor before you go toe to toe with em

haaa funny you say that, when i started out i got warned by another local windy. i also gained some of his customers coz i wipes the sills and frames and done the front door for free. 6 weeks into my work i woke one morning to find 2 tyres slashed and my wind screen wipers bent back and busted. i called the police but they didnt wanna know. i happened to lose some of these customers i gained and i think its because the windy i gained from must of lowered his prices. it gets silly if we keep going lower because it makes it pointless working in the end. who wants to clean a 4 bed home for a tenner these days???

haaa funny you say that' date=' when i started out i got warned by another local windy. i also gained some of his customers coz i wipes the sills and frames and done the front door for free. 6 weeks into my work i woke one morning to find 2 tyres slashed and my wind screen wipers bent back and busted. i called the police but they didnt wanna know. i happened to lose some of these customers i gained and i think its because the windy i gained from must of lowered his prices. it gets silly if we keep going lower because it makes it pointless working in the end. who wants to clean a 4 bed home for a tenner these days???
Theres plenty that will.. /emoticons/ohmy.png

Back