Third Floor Juliet Balconies

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SPECI4L, Aug 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPECI4L

SPECI4L Member

I've got a few first floor Juliet balconies... a bit of a pita but can get them done.

I've noticed an apartment block going up close to where I work & as the title suggests it has Juliet balconies up to the third floor!
    I can't imagine these being possible with wfp, unless I'm missing a trick.

Anybody had any experience of these?

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#2 spruce, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    We had 2 apartment blocks with those balconies SPECI4L . (Ground floor, 1st and 2nd floor.)

flats4.jpg

The 2nd floor was much harder to clean, so I can imagine the 3rd floor near enough impossible. (There were 16 of these balconies which was my job. My son did all the other windows including the stairways in the time it took me the clean these. What made it more difficult was parked cars which effected 10 of the balconies as they overlooked the street. I also used an Unger Teleplus ali pole as the rough metal bars were damaging my carbon fibre pole.)

I once spoke to a guy cleaning a block of flats with Juliet balconies with a 57' Facelift c/b pole a good 10 years ago. His contract with the management company was that he just cleaned the top section of the french doors he could reach and it was the responsibility of the owners/tenants to open their doors and clean the bottom section he couldn't.

Flats.jpg

I don't know what he did with the windows on the lower walk-out balcony on the first floor - I never asked him.
    I only ever saw him clean those windows twice - haven't seen anyone cleaning them for years since then.

-

3. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Turn the pole sideways push brush through bars rotate back. If you have a Gardiner scraper fitted take it off.

4. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Either do the glass what you can easily access or don't do it

Simple to me

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

adamangler :fubar: thats my new dislike touch lol

dont be a lazy ****

just take ur time with them turn the head round near vertical its hard but do able

6. CHWS

CHWS Guru

When all else fails get the ladder :cool:

7. Chris Dall

Chris Dall Active Member

Just turn the brush 90 degrees on the quick lock head on the gardiners pole. Presuming you use gardiners

8. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have done this many times. It takes seconds to switch it around.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

The Quiklok system wasn't around when we did those JB's. It would have made the job much quicker.

Advertisement