This Bloody Wind

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by dasslr1, Sep 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

looked a nice day today ,except this bloody wind put a stop to that .anyone else do windows in bad wind or like me thinks its safer to give it a few hours to calm down .

Advertisement
  2. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

That is a problem I hate about this time of year and going into the winter. I can stick the cold(carry hot water in your bucket) but, not the wind and us trads have to be very careful up that ladder when the gust can feel like some evil bugger trying to push you off.
    I don't work Mondays but, tomorrow's probably gonna be the same, although it's not too bad around Wolves atm. It's important to keep a desktop shortcut to your local met office at this time of year I think as you try to stay one step ahead of the weather.

Mart.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Had a regular customer call me to ask if I was comming out to do her windows this morning. Told her will be over in the next hour or so as still gusting quite bad here. Will have to see how it goes as is on the way to a village I do so don't want to waist time & fuel getting there only to find out it's too windy to work.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Now it's raining aswell so be staying indoors today :Image13:

5. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

dont feel to bad that wind but wen your up on a ladder it feel 10x worse.like my miss s says i can either do them tomorrow and be a day behind ,or risk it and fall off break a leg and be months behind .lol dont mind it cold dont mind it rainin but that wind is a pain but these things cant be helped .

6. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

hahaha

7. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

miss s says to me if your off work today you can do the washing up and clothe washing and take the bins out (shakes fists angerly at sky ) bloody wind thanks .lol

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have a few quotes to do later plus some admin work so my missus list can wait as business always comes first as they say :Image13:

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

just don't tell her I've spent most of the time on this forum :Image3:

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Bit of pole lubing for me today. Go on smurf I'm waiting lol.

Giving all my brushes a good clean while I'm out in shed as well and I've made a little 20 ft chem spraying pole from a telescopic carbon fishing pole, was gonna try a wfp with it but had it ages and never got around to it so chem sprayer was quicker lol.

Advertisement