Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tall round bucket

B

boarcity

anyone seen a bucket like this? im sure iv seen these somewhere over the yrs but cant remember where....

View attachment 4785 these are whats popular with windies in the states. this round and tall shape means that if you carry the bucket in the back of your car/van full of water it does not slop out . oblong buckets slop out like no tomorrow !!! iv been carrying my buckets in a big plastic box to catch the slops but its a real pain in the ass

Last edited:
I carry mine in 25l jerrys and then change it each time......equally a bit of a pain in the ass.

What capacity are those tall buckets Boar?

........i also often just use the garden hose pipe to pop a bit of water in my bucket - where it is possible.

Ablong bucket with sealed lid is what i use and it stands on my back seat no probs at all.

Did use round bucket ob back of my car, but when driving in wet weather or snow all the grime from road is thrown up at tools and in water, not good. And when half empty you dont wet your mop completely so i would all day every day go for the long one :)

I havmt used a bucket full of water for 15 years. I take 1.5L bottles of water with liquid soap already in and mixed, i simply pour water into my boab when i start and top up every now and then.

View attachment 4791 Good find too smurf :thumbsup:

Not sure quite the spec BC is after, lid/no lid

I've started using a nappy bucket ^, as I've now got 250L tank on my van I can draw a few litres at a time or fill my trolley

I suppose a bucket is a bucket but all the same your bucket don't really look the part now does it. That's the sort of thing my mate frank would use /emoticons/biggrin.png

I could put a sticker on it make it look more pro, I've got a Gardiners one somewhere but Alex might not be best pleased applying it to franks bucket /emoticons/biggrin.png

Was going to buy a lidded rectangle bucket but didn't like the prices as I'm not getting that many jobs through yet to justify it... Also I'm near 100% WFP but have got an internal booked so I'm playing catch up

Yeah I've got a big lever tap, a 5ft hose, and I draw into the trolley then pop the hose back in a small bucket on a hook.

It's working very well but once I have more than a few houses a day the time to fill will really impact earning per hour and then I'll build the van mount. Trolley always seems to run out with one or two windows left

For inside homes I don't cart a bucket with water in it myself just incase frank spills it. I either spray soap on the windows directly or use a bottle to squirt it on the applicator. I've also found wagtails are handy for inside jobs too

I could put a sticker on it make it look more pro, I've got a Gardiners one somewhere but Alex might not be best pleased applying it to franks bucket /emoticons/biggrin.png
Was going to buy a lidded rectangle bucket but didn't like the prices as I'm not getting that many jobs through yet to justify it... Also I'm near 100% WFP but have got an internal booked so I'm playing catch up

My inside one is a lot of windows, and they're all filthy. It's going to need a bucket to get the muck off the mop. Going to take a towel to put under as it's highly likely the lot will fall over

Always best to ask in advance for all the clutter on the sills and around the windows to be removed including any net curtains etc so you have easy access to them. In doing so will save you time and is less likely your mate frank breaking things too.

Back