This Is A New One To Me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Vince Green, Aug 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

I've been window cleaning a long time now and thought I had seen it all but I heard something new yesterday. I picked up a new customer, well she picked me up really, she stopped me in the street. She's fussy, I know that and she told me she had just sacked her present window cleaner because she wasn't happy with him.

She also said that her previous window cleaner before that used to polish the white sills with Mer car polish a couple of times a year. I have to say her sills are in very good condition.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Advertisement
  2. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

yh i offer a frame and glass polishing service, and use car polish on both, you do it the same as you would a car, rub on and buff off, trust me they come up absolutely mint and the polish/wax creates a protective layer that makes it stay cleaner for longer. iv only got 1 custie that has this tho and its only twice a year but its a good earner

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Can't say I have heard that on my rounds , I suppose you could do the same but charge her accordingly .

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Never herd of this before. Sounds interesting though

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

new one on me too!!

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

so do you polish and wax the glass to or just the frames??

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Never heard of this before, but why not I suppose

8. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

both, i clean the window trad as normal, wipe the frames, then polish the frames, then the glass, does an amazing job, i wish more of my custies wanted it doing!

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

cool, dont the wax effect the glass then?

10. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

no negative effects, all polish has a cutting ability but in general car polish is equivelant to 1 out of 100 cutting power, so it will cut back all the dirt and grime right back to the original smooth glass surface, its also then protected by the sealent in the polish.

give it a go, choose an average size window on your house, couple of blobs on a cloth, spread it around the glass in small circles and then buff off with a scrim, you'll be amazed at how clean they come up!

Advertisement