Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xmas Tips

watty1980

So how did you guys do ? Got a couple of £15 tips and a couple of fivers out of 150 customers,kind of annoyed tbh,I mean I clean their windows all year in all weathers and they can't even give you an extra quid,but will quite happily tip a taxi driver they've never met to take them on a 5 to 10 minute journey.am I over reacting here ?

I found some people tight this year, some who has tipped previous years never this year..oh well, a price increase will be just as good in early spring..

But we done very well in tips, new record, so can't complain.

i did better than last year tip wise, and kind of see your point on tipping taxi drivers etc but u might find next year u get more but tbh i dont expect any tips and then anything else is a bonus

Worst year in 12 years lol. No price increases for at least 2 years so it can be that. Thing is we do more work now than we last year. I was thinking more houses, more tips lol!

We still get a few trickle in after xmas tho!

you shouldnt be expecting tips. you charge a set price to clean their windows and if you want more then you should charge more

tips are just a bonus and you should be greatfull if you get any

you shouldnt be expecting tips. you charge a set price to clean their windows and if you want more then you should charge more
tips are just a bonus and you should be greatfull if you get any
disagree slightly, it is customary to tip your window cleaner at xmas, its whats been done for years and most customers are quite happy to tip, i dont get the hump if a custy doesnt tip me, but i would tip a windy at xmas if i were a customer. some people are just tight

Back