Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up a new round

This is what I bought when i started

• Moerman Channel 14 inch

• Moerman Channel 10 inch

• Moerman bi-Component Handle

• Moerman 14 inch Bi-component washer set

• Moerman 18 inch Proclean sleeve

• Moerman 18 inch Proclean T-Bar

• Unger Ergotec Safety Scraper

• replacement scraper blades

• Scrim/microfiber cloths

• Aluminium Pointer ladder or step ladder

• Ladder Footies

• Ladder Mitts

• Ladder Clamps and Locks

Can get this lot from www.cleaningspot.Co.UK if u use code WCF you get a small discount

Also needed...

Aluminium Ladder

Bucket

Roof racks

Yes welcome, personally I think the Moerman squeegees are tat, I prefer Ungers S channels or god old ettore brass channels.

If you look at the top of the 'Traditional Window Cleaning Forum' there is a sticky thread there with lots of recommendations for traditional tools.

If you're just starting up get a wagtail..more expensive but worth teaching yourself how to use it from day 1

Also some liquidator channels and handles

Best to learn with the best tools rather than learn to use them later when your technique is different due to using standard tools

hi I am setting up a new round I am all new to this what will I need to set up a round with bucket and ladders plzzzzz help
Some practise, then once confident some window cleaning trad gear.

Got to agree with pro the moreman stuff is awful.Unger ergotec channel and handle for me and if your going to use ladders a decent Pointer ladder is a must.
I have only used liquidators and the microfibre applicator from moerman

I love the liquidators and the applicator is the best I've used

Unger stuff is solid gear and you won't have problems with it

I have i think about 7 different unger handles and more channels (all modded though)

If you're just starting up get a wagtail..more expensive but worth teaching yourself how to use it from day 1Also some liquidator channels and handles

Best to learn with the best tools rather than learn to use them later when your technique is different due to using standard tools
I too am just starting up, what size Liquidators would you recommend for general domestic work? I also have 2 commercials to do but given I have no experience at all and will be learning as I go what size is best to learn with? Don't want to hijack a thread but no point creating an identical one.

Whatever channels you choose i would get a 10", 14" and an 18"

Smaller ones are easier to learn with but when i clean traditionally i use the right size channel for each window when possible

It is good to use a channel just over half the width of the glass

If you get a cheap handle and channel and cut it with a hacksaw to about 5.5" it is perfect for geaorgian windows and soap them with the end of your applicator

Also very usefull for small top openers etc

If you have any problems with what tools etc private message me if you want

But some of us can trad properly though /emoticons/tongue.png

No seriously i suppose it is what you are used to and how adaptable you are

It is different than a normal squeegee and some have issues changing how they work but it won't be a problem for someone who hasn't already learnt with different tools

Wagga had issues at first and said they were pants but now he loves them

Just took him a while to change

Back