Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stained Upvc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

Got a question for you Window Cleaners out there... Is there any substance or clever way known in removing what seems to be some kind of Acid released from insects which stains small brown/yellow type spots on the frame. Custys do not seem to complain about this. i make sure all my frame are wiped clean and the custys are happy with this.. just wondered if anyone knew of a way???...

if you want a cheap upvc restorer try dr power its brilliant ,i started using it a few months back and every job i do with it im getting recommendations it really brings the frames back like new . virosol ubix 2000 etc wont do this

soap filled wire wool pads,(the pink ones), 44p for a pack of 15 from tescos. just wipe the frame with your wet cloth, quick scrub with a wire pad and then a quick wipe with the wet cloth again, just to get the pink soap rediue off. trust me it works and for 44p you cant go wrong, iv always got a pack in the car now

soap filled wire wool pads,(the pink ones), 44p for a pack of 15 from tescos. just wipe the frame with your wet cloth, quick scrub with a wire pad and then a quick wipe with the wet cloth again, just to get the pink soap rediue off. trust me it works and for 44p you cant go wrong, iv always got a pack in the car now
Does it not scratch the pladtic ?

no, there quite a fine grade of wire wool, and the wipe with the wet cloth and the soap inside it gives good lubrication, by far the quickest and easiest way iv found of cleaning really bad frames and sills

Thank You all above for all your tips and tricks... i will most defo try out a few methods listed above. Cheers Richard :)

Back