Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much to valet my van? In an out please?

SIMPLY, on the topic of overly inclined, I am never overly inclined to call an insurance broker but I thought I would use you online quote system so I didn't need to talk to someone and I could an idea of price. Was NOT impressed when after 5 mins of answering questions I get a message saying 'SOMEONE WILL CALL ME TO GIVE ME A QUOTE' Just what I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Makes me glad I accidentally missed a digit off of my phone number!

I just think if you add is nothing more than a lead generation system as it appears to be it needs be advertised as such and not as an online quote service. IMO

Cheers

Hi @Green. Can completely understand your frustration. But unfortunately, sometimes there's information entered that we need to know a little bit more about - something we can only really do via a person to person conversation. 99% of the time we can bring up quotes online, but there are triggers which we think warrant speaking to somebody over the phone.

We do this to make sure our customers are covered correctly. The last thing we'd want is to ignore this process and have customers incorrectly insured. It's not good for us, and certainly not good for the customer. Paying money for insurance that doesn't correctly cover you isn't really worth the paper it's printed on!

I apologise that we couldn't get you an online quote, but the thinking behind it is that with most of your information already input, the call can be quick, easy and pretty hassle-free.

Hope that clears it up a little? /emoticons/smile.png

Not really mate, Honestly, I had two other window cleaners use your online 'quote' system and so far both of them have come back with getting a call for a quote.

I honestly cant believe it's a quote system as no one seems to be able to get a straight forward quote from it.

As for the call being quick easy and hassle free experience teaches us that only happens when we have our bank card to hand to pay whatever premiums the oh so helpful chap on the phone is asking for.

Having used similar services in the past the only thing the person on the phone does is reiterates the information already input by me then moves right to 'ok, if I can take the long card number'

I wish you all the best mate but rather misleading and you won't be seeing my business with tactics like that.

Cheers.

I can completely understand where you're coming from @Green, but unfortunately there's not really any other way we could go about it.

It's most definitely a quote system - we're an online broker and our contact centre is there to supplement it, rather than the other way around.

Some activities (and other variables like past bankruptcy, high-risk location work, work above 10m etc) just need a little bit more information so we can be sure that we can cover you. You're absolutely right that it's not ideal, but it's done to make sure the customer is properly covered.

You can probably appreciate that it would be a lot more profitable to not have any telephone staff at all, and operate entirely online, but we would end up covering some customers incorrectly.

It's disappointing that you think that way about us, but the feedback is helpful. As I said, we know it's not a perfect system, but we do at least offer to call you - trying to make it as easy a process as we can. Sorry you weren't happy with it @Green but thanks for the feedback regardless /emoticons/smile.png

£1 million outside

£2 million inside

just imagine what the inside must be like :puke:

Back