this is what im thinking of buying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Taylor, Apr 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Taylor

Taylor Newcomer

Im thinking about buying package 2 on this link. What does everyone think?

http://www.wwwcleaningsupplies.com/wwwcs/products_category.asp?category=Waterfed%20Complete%20Packages

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

first off, you know thats an american website

second build your own, its easier and cheaper

3. willywindows

willywindows Guest

As Bluemonkeys says, secondly, there is no RO system with that package- have you taken a water TDS reading to find out if you have hard or soft water?
    Can't see how you can just buy a package without knowing if you have soft/hard water?

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The website is austalian, the world map at the top of the page has australia highlighted, which is a clue, also, where it says, 'prices quoted in australian dollars' is another!.

We here in the uk, dont really know what the water is like down under, maybe they dont have hard water?. But it is certainly something to think about Taylor, we have easy access to information showing where in the uk has soft water and where has hard water. Also, we use tds meters to get the exact reading. It is difficult for us to say whether or not this is a good system at a good price because we dont know what is 'the norm' for you. But maybe you could get in touch with a local window cleaner?.

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

only seen dollar sign

6. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Active Member

I imagine the shipping cost would be interesting! I know the water around Sydney is pretty soft and it is quite feasible to get away with DI only (much like North Wales/Highlands over here)

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Yeah but Australia, amongst many other countries, also use dollars

8. Taylor

Taylor Newcomer

Im pretty sure my water is around 50tds, I have ner told Melbourne is around 30tds and im only an hour away

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

That is pretty soft Taylor, you are lucky, some of the guys on this forum have 400+!. At 50 you should easy manage with your r/o, but i would set up a static system if in your position, in a shed or garage. If you are not able to do that, then i would be inclined to use di for purification. The water i use is about 60ppm, and i am di only, but that is because i am not in a position to have a static setup. I have a 500l system (diy) in my van, and usually i use 350-400l per day. A 25l bag of resin does me just over 3 months.

10. Taylor

Taylor Newcomer

Advertisement