Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fitting o ring for eznap for backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

must be the right o ring, I explained what for, slx 22 to fit gardiners backpack and 8mm minibore on reel. O ring seems fairly loose though. Not got proper tool, using some pinchers which I thought would close it but not budging. Guessing its ok to crush it in vice? Lol it looks so easy when everyone does it on utube etc and I aint a weakling but hell.

Anyone got any methods? we got these old pinser things that look just like the proper tool that they sell, not as good I guess, but the damn o rings wont budge at all. 

What you need is either the correct type of Pincer tool these are designed to have the clamping part at the very end of the pincer jaws and are not the same as generic end cut pliers you can buy in hardware stores such as these.

With the correct tool they are very easy to crimp shut and need little effort. If you are unable to obtain the correct tool then you can close them with a set of standard wire cutters by crimping the cutting edge of the pliers from each edge of the 'ear' part. It may need a little crimping from each side in turn until it closed the ear and tightens the clip. It is not as easy but is possible.

thanks for response, much appreciated. We,ve clamped one tight with the vice, seems rock solid. Would you say this is ok? will get that tool when I can though.

This is my solution. It's a heavy duty zip tie. (£1.79 for 30 at my local shop.) Simply dip the hose in very hot water. Have the zip tie as a very loose fit ready prepared. Then push the hosetail in and tighten the zip tie before the hose has cooled too much. You can see from the photo that the tube is well pressed onto the hosetail. It ain't going nowhere and doesn't leak a drop ... and it's very simple to undo, which clamped fittings aren't. You'll be amazed at how efficient and fast it is. WORD OF WARNING >>>> wait until the hose has cooled before pulling to test it.

Just an idea, but it works for me.

20171101_115301.jpg

Back