This weekends job.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by TolishAPurd, Aug 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

#1 TolishAPurd, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    This weekends job was the local school. Its been in the pipeline for about a year but its finally happened. It should now be a nice 6 monthly.

1 man, 2 days, all of outside, plus a few bits inside, all trad. Its the first time for about 3 or more years, the windows were minging as you would expect.

This window from here on forward will be known as 'the bastardo'. No one had dared to clean it since it was fitted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres a lot more round the back, and I did some inside, but it was priced well,and should get better now there won't be so much dirt.:thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

good job!! "the bastardo" came up a treat!

3. TolishAPurd

Thanks mate. I've never been good at taking before and after photos,I usually take one and not the other lol. But rest assured the bastardo was coated in spider webs and filth.

4. Cozzie

Cozzie Newcomer

Nice one, got my local primary school due this coming Tuesday to do as well.

It only gets done yearly though. Years worth of dirt is a tough one but its always nice to do something different and get you off your domestic round for a bit.

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

well done m8 first cleans on this scale are always worst.time & effort now will make it easier in the future.

6. WagtailMat

WagtailMat Active Member

Awesome

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Nice Tolish, let me toss a couple of Greens tips in the pot on these ones.

1: Dont forget the Ubik

2: Those b@st@rd spider nests in all the corners are nightmares, a short piece of bamboo, end snapped off (not cut) stick in the nest and twist, winds them up like candy floss (the dozens of little spikes on the end of bamboo you see)

Hope that helps for next time, well done mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. TolishAPurd

Thanks mate. Good tip on the bamboo, I like it.:thumbsup: I always carry a 2 inch paint brush in my front pouch for brushing spiders webs out and sweeping the rubbish off sills. But for the really bad ones I get the broom out of the car, which is exactly what I did on the bastardo.

I had a load of ubik in a pump sprayer and used it on all the UPVC windows you can see in the pic next to my van, and on the velux windows- highly recommend this, I was able to fly through them. I also used cream cleaner to bring up the downstairs sills on those big batches of windows. It should really bring the wow factor when people come through the gates.

9. TolishAPurd

With a bit of luck it'll be 6monthly, shes agreed to this but due to all sorts of factors I have had to give a price after the job, and knowing what budgets are like I reckon they might end up trying to stretch it out for a year. Either way, I have broken down the prices to make access easier i.e inside, outside, and inside +outside. No mix and match like I did this weekend. Should make things a lot quicker.

10. TolishAPurd

I won't lie, the first day was tough, short breaks, and I had to finish at 6 just so I could be sure I could be finished on time today. Finished at 5 on the dot and had a couple of tea breaks this time. Day one and I had to use the scraper on just about every window due to selotape, stickers, blue tac etc. But next time I should fly through as the head has declared a 'nothing on the windows' policy.

Advertisement