Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thomas Higgins Fees ??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Inked

Hi guys

I've seen a few posts on here from people using Thomas Higgins solicitors to send out a cheap £2.50 letter to non payers.

Have they now put up their prices as there fee pages suggests that it's now £25 ?

I think they are a waist of time as most people who they would be sent to are wise to the fact that they arnt worth the paper they are written on , most are far more likely to get results using a before action letter sent from yourself , unfortunately you cannot take any one to the small claims court now without going to arbitration first to try and settle the issue .

Is the money owed worth chasing ?. Every sole trader or buisness will have some money that gets written off every year through non payment, it's not happened to me in a good while but whenever it does I look at it a bit different.

The output through cost to clean the windows if broken all down to one that's not paid wouldn't be noticible to anyone. If the house is a tenner then until you get that tenner you haven't lost a tenner. Instead of looking at it in money value terms I used to look at it more in way of my time. Am I going to bother chasing people for something that's took me 10 mins ? Probably not tbh, I've wasted enough time on them so for a small amount I wouldn't waste anymore.

We just put a note through saying until we receive payment we will not be cleaning there windows anymore.

It was a way to just dump them, but surprisingly works out that a out 80% of the time they pay up.

Back