Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Update On My Round

harunh

Had a first clean to do i told the women to leave her gate open she text back saying okay went their and gate was locked so ice just dropped her, i dobt need customers like this, also had a few people that cancelled me saying they will do it theirself, really they just used me for a first clean lol but am upti 98 customers now and on friday it will be 3 months since trading. Ive been lazy aswellll i should have about 130 customers by now, ive also toke about 20 people off my round due to bad payers etc. i want a round with good people , no messing me about thats why am strict with taking people off. Has to be done

Yeah same, they will pay you eventually, lol.

I always have a clean twice(two months) and if no one pays then take off list, simplez

I had a few jobs that didn't pay for a couple of cleans but now have set up a standing order as they didn't realize how hard it would be to pay. I also had a lady who ran out for the first two cleans with the money who is now ignoring the door some people buck their ideas up and some loose interest. It's hard to know which is which after one clean

Ive only dropped 1,2 cos of the payments.... they were druggies though.. drugs come first not the window cleaner /emoticons/tongue.png

Ive got 1 person im cleaning tomorrow he owes me £6.00 but im still doing him 2nd time /emoticons/smile.png Cos i know hes a decent lad and he will pay

I know which customers are good and which customers are bad

Plus i chucked more people of due to access at the back... i dont want to be turning up at a job and it turns out ot be a no job... thats no good to me.

I want to go out their each day and do 15-20 jobs that are all waiting to be cleaned /emoticons/tongue.png

I had a few jobs that didn't pay for a couple of cleans but now have set up a standing order as they didn't realize how hard it would be to pay. I also had a lady who ran out for the first two cleans with the money who is now ignoring the door some people buck their ideas up and some loose interest. It's hard to know which is which after one clean
I have about 2-4 maybe that im not sure about in my round, If I pick up these to houses tomorrow that I have t price then im juts going to drop them

why not mate /emoticons/smile.png you got to continue to improve your round.. and to do this you always got to be dropping the bad people /emoticons/smile.png

I have about 2-4 maybe that im not sure about in my round, If I pick up these to houses tomorrow that I have t price then im juts going to drop them
Couldnt find one of them, the other hasent got back to me, I dont think they will either

Zero tollerence me H i said it before and i will say it again .

If they cancel on the 2nd clean they are gone no if's no but's

I need to build a regular client base that want the work done if your going to cancel on the 2nd

Clean i got no time for you !

When i quote the job i tell them every 4 weeks give or take a few days

Come rain or shine those are the terms of me coming to clean your windows

I have also stopped texting customers as i found this more trouble than it was worth .

so what about gates that are locked Gav ? dont u text them mate ? lol I never had anyone cancel me when i text them.. just 1 person /emoticons/smile.png

No problem if customers lock their gates.... i will text them regardless.... cos if peopel say we will mark u on the calendar they will end up forgetting etc... plus what if its raining that day very heavy ?

I can clean my houses whenever i want /emoticons/smile.png They wont notice /emoticons/smile.png When i call around i text them before hand /emoticons/smile.png Makes life so much easier.... I never jump gates... i had the opportunity to do so.... but i dont /emoticons/smile.png I dont mind jumping gates... i used to always climb on things and jump on gates a few years ago when i used to go out and that but now i wouldnt dare......

Jumping over a gate does not look professional

i have texted a few customers to tell them that I am coming to clean and found the gate locked. I just called one and said can I have permission to jump over the gate if needed and they said yes..

Its will only happen a few times, people just forget. this customer pays and even when they didnt pay for 2 months they just pulled out £24 and paid when I asked for it.

I have another that I texed but they alway leave it locked and I just jump on the bin and unlock the gate. they alway pay when I collect and I have had them for almost this whole year..

Dont just drop a customer for a silly thing like the gate left locked becuase it might be a simple mistake. you could be dropping a good customer, at least give them a chance for a few months.

you worked hard to find them and then give up. what happens if they suddendly want their gutters done next month and the next window cleaner scores £100 (just a example) but you get the idea.

on the other hand if you think they are going to give you the run around and potentially be a bad customer then by all means drop them.

i agree, dropping a customer for not unlocking there gate is just stupid, and climbing over gates doesnt look unproffesional at all, in particular if you use a....wait for it......wait......ladder, i know you hate them but if you seperate an extendable ladder you can place one half over the other side of the gate, climb up the other, step over and then pull the first half over with you.

drop bad payers, yes but christ H give people a chance

1 customer forget and i jumped on the wheeliebin and unlocked it hes a nice lad and i know hes reliable so i didnt mind but i only dropped 1 due to a gate bring closed and it peed me off because the job was a bit out the way so i just dropped

i agree, dropping a customer for not unlocking there gate is just stupid, and climbing over gates doesnt look unproffesional at all, in particular if you use a....wait for it......wait......ladder, i know you hate them but if you seperate an extendable ladder you can place one half over the other side of the gate, climb up the other, step over and then pull the first half over with you.

drop bad payers, yes but christ H give people a chance
Exactly

No problem if customers lock their gates.... i will text them regardless.... cos if peopel say we will mark u on the calendar they will end up forgetting etc... plus what if its raining that day very heavy ?

I can clean my houses whenever i want /emoticons/smile.png They wont notice /emoticons/smile.png When i call around i text them before hand /emoticons/smile.png Makes life so much easier.... I never jump gates... i had the opportunity to do so.... but i dont /emoticons/smile.png I dont mind jumping gates... i used to always climb on things and jump on gates a few years ago when i used to go out and that but now i wouldnt dare......

Jumping over a gate does not look professional
Especially if yer a burgular

Back