Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

web sites

WCF

Help Support WCF:

my opinion, you wont go far wrong with www.vistaprint.co.uk. i got my site thru them about 7yrs ago, after i read on the forums of others using vistaprint. dead easy to set up using their templates too. iv raked in no end of work with mine and pay about 7 or 8 quid per month for 3 pages www.jonnywindows.co.uk

SP cleaning turning down work
and theres me sat here desperate for more work worrying how im going to pay my bills this month whilst it pisses it down.

what a contrast lol
I am quoting work higher than normal hoping not to get it. It's not working yet. Gonna start quoting silly money. £150

For a fascia clean lol.

Today had;

3 fascia cleans come in

2 gutter clears

Conny roof.

@Damo £150 isn't silly money for a fascia clean? Unless your talking per side...

Did one last Thursday 3 sides £160, happy days...

I am currently having a new site built by a chap on here, I shall link it and review it shortly (its nearly done now)

Forgot to say it cost me £11.99 per month for domain and hosting, I am top search result (unpaid) for Carlton Nottingham and it gets me at least three customers a week at a minimum of a tenner so in short it pays a dividend ten fold.

This is why I can not understand people that don't want to spend £10 per month as they feel it's 'too expensive' these days it's not even a 5 minute clean.

Forgot to say it cost me £11.99 per month for domain and hosting, I am top search result (unpaid) for Carlton Nottingham and it gets me at least three customers a week at a minimum of a tenner so in short it pays a dividend ten fold.
This is why I can not understand people that don't want to spend £10 per month as they feel it's 'too expensive' these days it's not even a 5 minute clean.
good on you diversifying into domestic cleaning. back in 2012 i started on domestics with 1 lady employee but hadnt the space in my mind to give it proper attention once she started "acting the goat" it got silly and i had to put her down

I keep considering hiring someone to do domestic cleaning, I have been asked to do it quite a few times now, even had a nursery offer me the job of cleaning their nursery once a day for a couple of hours.

I keep considering hiring someone to do domestic cleaning, I have been asked to do it quite a few times now, even had a nursery offer me the job of cleaning their nursery once a day for a couple of hours.
iv regretted that i didnt keep it going [the domestic] , i set it up and in no time had a round of sorts . just as it was getting settled the lady i employed [and who i was paying handsomely to chivvy it all along ] started refusing to go to the easy jobs - some were immac bungalows were paying for 2 hrs clean each week but she hated the idea of dragging it out when it could be cleaned 20 minutes . deep seated mental probs came to the surface and i was suddenly hated and it ended almost as suddenly as it started

I could probably get it going pretty quickly, but I don't like the idea of being tied down, really like the freedom I have now with working on my own.

House cleaning is something I have been thinking of setting up for a while as well, problem is, how do you build up enough work to pay even a part time employee in a short space of time, I don't want to be doing it myself while I'm busy on the windows...

im pretty sure itd be a darn sight easier -[running domestic ] than the windows mob. its not weather dependant and so many aspects to it, add ons ironing baby sitting endless extras .

However ,the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence , it might be harder than it seems to make real money at it

Back