Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

October weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I learnt to camp in the army

Poncho on floor to lay on

2nd poncho bungeed between trees for a roof

And a sleeping bag

And cook on a hexy stove

I learnt to camp in the armyPoncho on floor to lay on

And a sleeping bag

And cook on a hexy stove
Thats pretty much what we do mate, right down to the hexi stove, mess tins, and army bivi bag that my old man gave me from his army days. We sometimes use hammocks (not a good idea when drinking), and small 1man tents. 'Wild camping' is technically illegal in this country so we need to stay a bit hidden.

I learnt to camp in the armyPoncho on floor to lay on

And a sleeping bag

And cook on a hexy stove
I too learnt to camp this way. I remember waking up very early one morning on exercise, to find frost on my sleeping bag.

I too learnt to camp this way. I remember waking up very early one morning on exercise, to find frost on my sleeping bag.
Swee, the cold ones are my favourite. We camped in the middle of January a few years back with 6 inches of snow. hopefully we'll make it out this winter too.

This'll bring back some memories for you army boys, some pics from the other night;

utf-8BSU1BRzAzODQuanBn_zps2fb9b99a.jpg
1414947609873&1414947616052

utf-8BSU1BRzAzODEuanBn_zps401ce6c8.jpg

Sorry pics are a bit blurry, wehiked for about 2 hours and pitched up just as it was getting dark.

Any fool can be uncomfortable, mate. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Its a billy can. I only had a couple of hexi tabs and I needed them for the morning, so I used the billy can to cook up the rice(free fuel), and used twigs and pine cones on the hexi cooker to heat up the curry.

I normally hike to my comfortably bed as can't be dealing with all that now. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I normally hike to my comfortably bed as can't be dealing with all that now. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Don't be like that smurf,you can come and spoon with me next to the camp fire any time.:love:

Are you any good at making fire without a lighter / matches??

My mates call me ray mears

Would rather be him than bear grylls

Don't like eating elephant shite

I'm brilliant at turning a cooker on also a gas hob. That is if I turn the right **** as many times I struggle to find the right one:D

Are you any good at making fire without a lighter / matches??My mates call me ray mears

Would rather be him than bear grylls

Don't like eating elephant shite
I use the fire steel (sparkmaker) quite a lot, but I don't do the fire bow or any of that. The brother in law started the fire this time with homemade firelighters made out of cotton wool and vaseline which I thought was a good idea. We sometimes find king alfred cakes which is type of fungus, and that takes a spark nicely, and we had a bit of charcloth which we made last year- amazing stuff...just put a load of linen in a tin and chuck it on a fire, after a while you are left with a brittle fabric with no moisture which is great for fire lighting. but on the whole the bushcraft element has taken a back seat to the exploring, hiking, and drinks by the fire in the evening.

Latest Posts

Back