Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing advice

CM Cleaning Services

Evening all

So my 1st commercial quote today

Just to gauge my pricing be interested in hearing you guys thoughts on price.

So its a recycle plant office building

I need to have a induction before any work takes places, security sign in every visit, and wear full ppe including breathing apparatus due to hazardous dust spot on Rams to complete and relevant insurance in place

That's before any work has even started

The job itself

Reach and wash externals fortnightly

The front side I cant show but has same amount windows along the top with a glass entrance way doors below

Internal clean windows once a month

What time frame and price would you guys put in ???

I have till Monday

Wish me luck and thanks for any replies :)

Screenshot_2017-09-14-18-34-23.pngScreenshot_2017-09-14-18-35-06.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've worked at a site, actually in the waste job not window cleaning, all I will say is that there is a very strong likelihood that it will stink and there will always be dust swirling around so you might have to dry the windows after you've washed them. Is the weighbridge at the front of the office? If it is then they are usually busy so might take a bit longer to clean. It looks a 40 min max job in a normal industrial estate but I would allow an hour to clean the externals, for the reasons listed above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you bother???  All that faffing about and the health risks you'll be taking.  Concentrate on building a round of regular well paying domestics as your bread and butter, then cherry pick any commercials that come along.

There's gazillions of windows out there, surely you don't need to do these?

Why would you bother???  All that faffing about and the health risks you'll be taking.  Concentrate on building a round of regular well paying domestics as your bread and butter, then cherry pick any commercials that come along.

There's gazillions of windows out there, surely you don't need to do these?
Agree, probably mess up loads of cloths on this one....and Breathing apparatus due to hazardous dust!!!!!! . Job will be Hassle, Hassle, Hassle.

After a few cleans start moving or training the staff to open the blinds and free up sills to make your life easy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So what if it's a hassle. It's a simple math problem. 

Hassle = time to do job right

More time to do right = more money. 

A window is a window. A pay check a pay check. 

Price at what you want and dont be shy. Win some lose some. 

Back