Thoughts on van signwriting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adamangler, Jan 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I got my last van signed, im not sure whether to do this one or not?

i notice near me it seems to be 50/50 with windy vans

I got my last one signed because i though it looks pro and obviously is advertising, i dont pay much last one only cost me £40 so quite happy to buy some.

but whats the reasoning behind you guys who havent got sign writing? cant be arsed?
    or so no one knows who you are?

I didnt find it brought a lot of work but did get the odd enquiry from time to time

Advertisement
  2. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

What did you have on your van for £40 your area code.

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

adamangler I followed your example and got my signage off ebay, 2 sides, rear door and bonnet £49.99

Reason I went that route is I asked 4 local firms for quotes, not a single one called back.

Yes it makes the van look a hell of a lot better and already (I only finished doing the signage just after Christmas) I have got 6 new customers.

Bit trickier than it looks so allow plenty of time and pick a wind free day.

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

I have all my vehicles sign written.the only problem is,when when you get a bad payer!!!! who pays cash,cheque etc.you have to park your van half way down the road because they know your gonna bang the door down.

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

see green i say u be real patient with it take ur time have a cuppa :) me wham bang it on and done i no good with that i got mine done 200 from sign place but i agree it brings in more work

6. adamangler

yeh ive done mine myself twice, just wondered if i should bother, but its probably worth it. Its not hard to do bit of patience as you say.

7. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

I got mine done, both sides and rear doors cost £120 but I intend keeping the van for four years so that works out at £2.50 a month. If it doesn't bring any work in. So what it looks professional and I'm in trouble if I can't stand to lose £2.50 a month.

8. adamangler

both sides, front and back, about an hour to do. (this was before i started windows so need to update it) People pay too much for stuff they can do themselves, Just got my ply wood to ply line van for £20, another £150 saved.

c1.jpg

9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

how much sheets of ply u buy for 20 quid ?

10. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Where did you get that for 40 quid mate

Advertisement