Threats From A Window Cleaner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by joneswindowcleaners.co.uk, Sep 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Been out tonight and had a company who has threatened me if I do not stop they will do bla bla bla....... this company has been going 28 years and I have been going less than a year and already taken about 15% of them, business is business and if they was doing a good job they would not have lost clients. I do and never have under cut anyone if anything I put my prices up, is this a normal thing or should I go to the police considering I use to work with the old bill.....

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

I'd personally infrom the police.
    You never know if one day they inform the police and lie. Catalogue all arguments, letters, notes or phonecalls as this will aid you if things continue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Very good advice....

Would also say remain calm and professional in the way you speak to the guy that is hassling you. Make it clear it is the customer that decides who they want to do the work not the other way round.

4. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

wonder weather this other window cleaners on here lol

5. shazzy692002

I would kick ass too if someone stole 15% of my customers!

Its not a case of not doing a good job I don't think, you obviously don't no there prices unless you are asking the customer?, so how would you know if you are undercutting? or deliberately over pricing?

Also if you worked with the police, then surely you know where you stand if to report it or not?.

Are you deliberately knocking on the doors of this other companies houses?.

Sorry to sound suspicious, but I do question you morals.!

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Stole customers? :Image16:

7. How do you steal customers????/ If you go out for a meal do you go where you are told to or do you have a choice?? If you go to town shopping do you shop where you want or where someone tells you to shop?? Steeling customers yes I canvas all the areas I work at so what, how many times do you have double glazing people knock / flyer your house? If someone phones me I will quote and I won;t be calling every other window cleaner in the area to make sure it's ok with them that I do it!!!!!! Question my morals?? generating new customers suddenly become a crime now has it?? I have been to the house of this other window cleaner and sorted this matter face to face and lets just say it's over with, and I will not accept it when people think they own customers they do not and people have the right to choose their window cleaner. What exactly do you mean when you say kick some ass???

8. shazzy692002

Wondered when your true colours would come out.!!

Kick some ass means kick some ass. What do you want, a picture???

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

If the guy is taking customers from another cleaner you have to ask why the customers are moving? Are they the type of customer you want or are they fickle? Is the other guy doing a good job? Is he over priced?
    I've taken a bit of work of a couple of local firms (about 20 jobs total from 2 firms) all by the customers coming to me, what am I supposed to do turn down work?!

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Cricket box springs to mind :Image13:

Advertisement