Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slow and steady or fast and furious?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Yo, yo, yo

Listen right, I like to take my time, I cruise up to a job, slowly get me hose out, walk round to the furthest point of a job, then walk back for me pole. I make sure that not stone is left turned(so to speak) all flowers are left intact, ect ect.

But because of that I usually get home at about 5 and earn about £100 a day,

Conversely when I work with my buddy, he doesn't worry to much about going through flowers, or leaving his hose a foot in the air across a path. but he earns double me in a day and is finished by 2-3.

What do ya think guys, what's your style?

Gung ho mate,

Get in there, smash it out, get to next house, so on so forth,

You can be quick a thorough :thumbsup:

er yes me panick looking at the time and so start out rushing but lessen off as I start chunking into my work..

not a good idea to rush really as for me ...things tend to go wrong...sometimes very wrong..

but I cant stop especially if I have a load of work in...

okay tomorrow as nice and rainy from the look of the weather..so take my time ..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Yo, yo, yo
Listen right, I like to take my time, I cruise up to a job, slowly get me hose out, walk round to the furthest point of a job, then walk back for me pole. I make sure that not stone is left turned(so to speak) all flowers are left intact, ect ect.

But because of that I usually get home at about 5 and earn about £100 a day,

Conversely when I work with my buddy, he doesn't worry to much about going through flowers, or leaving his hose a foot in the air across a path. but he earns double me in a day and is finished by 2-3.

What do ya think guys, what's your style?
I think your mate should be looking to earn more than 200 a day :cool:

I guess it all depends on what your happy earning.

For me at the mo in my office job I get roughly £1300 take home a month after tax so £100 a day would be nice for me. Hence why I am dying to get back to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I've noticed is when I feel as if I'm taking it easy I actually take the same time or mostly quicker than if I go in gung ho, for me gung ho is a waist of energy because it doesn't achieve anything.

depends how long u work mate ?? i go at my pace dont ass around or that and get between 20-30 a day done but i do put the hours in of bank holiday tomorrow but usually work 7.30 to bout 4 but can sometimes drag on to 6

Im a smasher, i like to get up early sort van out, make some food then go out and graft until i start to slow usually about 1pm, i eat as i go maybe have 10mins for dinner then end up stopping about 2-3. starting at 9 i can generally turn over 150 if i have enough custies on that day which is rare.

I find after 3pm more people tend to be about, kids coming home from school, people returnig from work, gets busy with schoool runs and then with rush hour traffic, prefer to run about like a madman and be done by 3pm. couple hours chillin at home then ive energy to go out on bike/gym/whatever etc, if i finished at 5 by time ive got home in traffic, ate, sorted van, chased payers, got a wash and had a rest itd be 7pm and id be sat in front of telly all night.

In an ideal world id start at 7 but before 9 again kids gettin ready for school, traffic, people still in and milling about. 9-3 is prime time for me to just crack on.

What I've noticed is when I feel as if I'm taking it easy I actually take the same time or mostly quicker than if I go in gung ho, for me gung ho is a waist of energy because it doesn't achieve anything.
If does for me, the faster I work the faster I get home - and I love being home early, means I've got time to do lots before the wife comes home,

I get bored being on the glass for too long, so I like to work at a good pace and crack it out asap, rather than it dragging on and on, I also find I get more tired if I go slow, it kind of makes me feel drained..

TRAFFIC ..grrrrrrr wtf where the heck is it all coming from....everywhere I turn ..cars lorries...whats going on..

and I turn up to clean the windows and they are in...grrrr feck off and join the traffic like the rest of the country..:rofl:

I guess it all depends on what your happy earning.
For me at the mo in my office job I get roughly £1300 take home a month after tax so £100 a day would be nice for me. Hence why I am dying to get back to it.
but weigh it out office =job easy on body

window cleaning= rsi

i would do both cos the window stuff is a bit overwhelming

Ah but you see sitting on your ars every day for 8 hours solid is bad for your body also I know after 3 years odd. Also RSI is a real pain when working on a pc all day.

I gues it depends what's suits and sitting in an office all day does not suit me. This overwhelms me more than being out on the windows. Being my own boss and being out in the fresh air. Moving around rather than sat on my ass.

The last three years I have ended up with issues with my arm from constant mouse use. Constant head aches from staring at a screen all day and my posture well I just as well be dragging my chin on the floor lol.

Plus I am now so unfit my day literally consists of get up breaky if I have time SIT ON ARS and drive to park and ride, get on bus SIT ON ARS get off bus get in to office SIT ON ARS all day. Finish and go get bus back to park and ride SIT ON ARS get off bus and get in car SIT ON ARS get home have dinner sort kids for bed SIT ON ARS until I go sleep as sitting on my ARS all day is apparent really damn tiring. I feel like my body is rotting away. Lol can ya tell that I have had enough /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
hes coming...freedom beckons...go for it gav ..you know it makes sense...

look its only rain ...daveyboy said skins water tight...and as for the cold...and no sick pay or holiday pay well who needs money..

ya cant take it with you...

go on just get a squeegee in your hand.../emoticons/biggrin.png

you will be posting on here like a gud un soon...

coming soon ...the gav returns...

Ha ha I wish it was that simple but not quite. I am seriously thinking about it though just need the right time or something to come along. I am sure we will get a brake at some point damn do we need it after the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly not as my current job is full time. I'm the manager of the place so bit hard to go part time. Prob is I need the money as I am the only earner right now as wife not working. I am sure I will figure something out not sure what but we will see.

Ah but you see sitting on your ars every day for 8 hours solid is bad for your body also I know after 3 years odd. Also RSI is a real pain when working on a pc all day.
I gues it depends what's suits and sitting in an office all day does not suit me. This overwhelms me more than being out on the windows. Being my own boss and being out in the fresh air. Moving around rather than sat on my ass.

The last three years I have ended up with issues with my arm from constant mouse use. Constant head aches from staring at a screen all day and my posture well I just as well be dragging my chin on the floor lol.

Plus I am now so unfit my day literally consists of get up breaky if I have time SIT ON ARS and drive to park and ride, get on bus SIT ON ARS get off bus get in to office SIT ON ARS all day. Finish and go get bus back to park and ride SIT ON ARS get off bus and get in car SIT ON ARS get home have dinner sort kids for bed SIT ON ARS until I go sleep as sitting on my ARS all day is apparent really damn tiring. I feel like my body is rotting away. Lol can ya tell that I have had enough /emoticons/smile.png
I watched horizon once where they were saying about how sitting all day in an office shortens your lifespan

Apparently taking it easy is not good for you

Latest Posts

Back