Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail Problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rugbywolf

Has anyone got a suggestion on how to fix a brass channel into a wagtail. the grub screw has worn the plastic holder, and I don't like the wagtail channel, and you can't clip a brass one in, so I want to try to fix a brass one in it.

Mmm...Don't know what chanel your using, but I use Unger S chanels (18" and 22") in my Wagtail PC handles.

Take note of the angle of which the Wagtail chanel sits in the handle.

Place new chanel in handle at correct angle and mark the the chanel through the screw hole ready to cenre punch and drill hole.

Unger S chanels are very loose in the Waggy handle, so I wedged some short lengths of cable-tie in between the the chanel and the chanel-holder to take-up the slack. Tighten the screw and your done /emoticons/smile.png .

You may need a slightly larger screw if the plastic has worn......be careful the plastic doesn't split though.

Mmm...Don't know what chanel your using, but I use Unger S chanels (18" and 22") in my Wagtail PC handles.

Place new chanel in handle at correct angle and mark the the chanel through the screw hole ready to cenre punch and drill hole.

Unger S chanels are very loose in the Waggy handle, so I wedged some short lengths of cable-tie in between the the chanel and the chanel-holder to take-up the slack. Tighten the screw and your done /emoticons/smile.png .

You may need a slightly larger screw if the plastic has worn......be careful the plastic doesn't split though.
Very good. I've done similar, using a standard brass channel forced some plastic tubing down, but have not attempted to put a screw in. It's good but not ideal, thanks for your reply

I was wondering why you put a different channel in, and if you found it better or not.

I was wondering why you put a different channel in, and if you found it better or not.
With the Wagtail chanels being a bit expensive-side (3 times the price of Unger), I just wanted to see if I could make the 18" and 22" Unger S chanel fit the Wagtail handle.

Works fine.... no problems /emoticons/biggrin.png

With the Wagtail chanels being a bit expensive-side (3 times the price of Unger), I just wanted to see if I could make the 18" and 22" Unger S chanel fit the Wagtail handle.Works fine.... no problems /emoticons/biggrin.png
Thanks, that's what I'm doing.

Latest Posts

Back