Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

help with an enquiry

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Hi. Was called today by a woman wanting her full house exterior cleaning as it had been made a mess by a building company working next door.

I said I would call in for a quote next week but how do I go about this? do I pass the quote on to the building company to authorise the work or bill the customer and they pass it on to building company for reimburse ment?

Not really that bothered about doing it so im going in high.

Thanks

Hi. Was called today by a woman wanting her full house exterior cleaning as it had been made a mess by a building company working next door.
I said I would call in for a quote next week but how do I go about this? do I pass the quote on to the building company to authorise the work or bill the customer and they pass it on to building company for reimburse ment?

Not really that bothered about doing it so im going in high.

Thanks
You bill her, its not your job to mess about dealing with her dispute.

give the quote to the person who asked you to quote wen you go check wat sort of mess she is on bout take pics put them up here and get advice as builders mess is .. MESS

the fee should be your day rate at the absolute minimum.

iv always been paid by the building company and price agreed by the site manager

Ok. So tell the customer I want paying at the time of the clean by themselves? Then its up to them to be reimbursed by the building company?

Or go look and send quote to building company?

I dont know whats the proper way of doing it if there is one

Ok. So tell the customer I want paying at the time of the clean by themselves? Then its up to them to be reimbursed by the building company?
Yes, absolutely. Its hard enough getting paid by companies, the last thing you need is to do the job and then spend your time trying to get your money as they pass the buck about, and you get lost in the admin. If its all legit, then she will have no problem getting reimbursed herself. If she insists that they pay, then you need to have them transfer the money first, or otherwise, have a think...."do I really need the hassle"?

Thats what I was thinking mate. I really dont need to be doing a job and not getting paid for weeks as id rather spend my limited time canvassing.

I will drop a quote in and tell them its cash on the day either from themselves or the company take it or leave it.

Cheers

Sound an easy one to me if the house owner has instructed you to do the work then they pay you on completion directly.

Fair enough smurf, ill go with that, just when i spoke to her she gave me the impression she wasnt paying herself and ive not dealt with a third party before wasnt sure if there was a standard way of doing things.

But as above ill do a written quote and demand payment in cash on completion or it doesnt happen, cheers guys.

Adam, you shouldn't even be discussing the 'Company' with her, it is her that's asked for a quotation, so it is her and her alone you are to deal with.

You have already said that they were working on a neighbors building so they do not have any thing holding them to her other than her bitc*ing at them to clean up.

She is your customer, not the builders company.

Print out a written quote, make sure it says 'Cash on completion' and have her sign before work commences.

Do not even consider engaging the builders 'on her behalf' you'll be wasting you time.

Good luck.

Latest Posts

Back