Time To Get My **** In Gear

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by CNS-southwest, Nov 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

They are about to make redundancies in my current office job.

Time to get cracking a bit earlier than expected me thinks.

Think ill push gutter cleans this side of winter.

Dave

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Make sure you feel comfortable working at height using ladders as safety as possible as it's a very dangerous ocupation to undertake just to earn an extra few quid. You want to see your kids grow up so be extremly careful what you take on.

This guy at the age of 24 fell 10 feet that changed his life ...make sure you hear all of his story as is a wakeup call for all of us.

3. CNS-southwest

Seen it before, but thank you.

I understand the risk involved (which lets face it, is minimal considering the number of trades that use them).

I am hoping to get a gutter vac eventually to reduce the risk as I wont need to go up so often.

Also I wot be using a ladder doing trad, it'll be on a Harris.

Also ill be making my own ladder stop which I will prefer to the bought ones as my design is rather good if I say so myself :)

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Be interesting to see that Dave.

5. CNS-southwest

Lol basically wood shaped like a open rectangular box, except the back has two additional boxes (one each side) which hold my 2x25l water containers, and te wood will have grippy rubber stud glues to the underside and to te area where the ladder rests.

Not sure if that makes sense. Might draw it up google sketch later if I get a chance.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What? :eek:
    Suggest you stop messing about with diy stuff just to save a few quid and get yourself one of these and attach the ankalad permanently to the ladder. ;)

http://www.laddersaf...tabiliser.shtml

[​IMG]

The Ankalad Ladder Stabiliser

An Ankalad Stabiliser secures a ladder in much the same way as stabilisers secure a child's first bike.

Correctly positioned it's impossible for the ladder to slide down the wall or side over sideways due to over-reaching - which is the real killer and cause of 9 out of 10 accidents.

Ankalad weighs just 3.6kg (8lbs) and is built to a high quality using the finest materials, namely annodised aluminium, zinc plated steel, brass, stainless steel and nylon mouldings.
    If you use ladders, or if you employ people to use your ladders, can you afford NOT to use Ankalad?
    • Fits any wooden or aluminium ladder of 1, 2 or 3 sections
    • Very high quality
    • Extremely strong, yet very light
    • Provides a safe reach of up to 26ft against a solid structure and up to 14ft free standing
    • Folds away flat when not in use
    • Adjustable telescopic legs with easy find locking buttons to cater for un-even ground
    • Totally eliminates ladder 'bounce'
    • Makes extending your ladder much easier
    • Will TOTALLY stop your ladder from sliding down a wall or toppling sideways

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Then get yourself one of these

[​IMG]

The Microlite

This is the ultimate Class 1 Industrial stand-off that instantly secures ladders at the top before climbing up. The Microlite is particularly suitable for painting and fitting trades.

Unlike most stand-off devices the Microlite, due to its innovative design, can stay attached to extension ladders even when they are fully closed.

The Microlite utilises 'D' wheels which deform when under pressure to provide a secure contact with any surface.

The Microlite also provides a unique roof access system.

• 'D' Wheels
    • Higher reach and safe handhold
    • Roof access system
    • Quick fitting
    • Single-piece design
    • Fits timber or aluminimum ladders
    • Lightweight.
    http://www.laddersaf...microlite.shtml

They are a great bit of kit to go on any ladder for cleaning/clearing guttering etc ;)

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you are going to get into gutter cleaning spend out on the right safety kit for the job.... Simples

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

hate to say it even that ladder stand off dont comply to H&S! lol

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Don't talk shite rc it's a class 1 rated product :D

Advertisement