Time To Get Out There Again

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by koopmaster, Dec 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Its been about 3 months since I have done any carding or canvassing.

I still get about 3 new customers a week but I was getting about 6 - 10 so I think I need to get out there and find some more work. The only thing that was stopping me was the fact that I only have 3 days a week to clean, and less hours in winter and this has caused a backlog.

But I think this is the best time to start canvassing, when do the lazy window cleaners give up for winter and go back on dole?

Advertisement
  2. A.K WINDOWS

i will start putting flyers out from jan all way upto april see what happens,too many about round here its all luck

3. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

I'd say start in jan as AK says.

Gets the hard Xmas bit outa the way and is when people start to have spare money on them again

4. harunh

harunh Legend

same here im gonna start up again after the new years :)

at the moment am at the same customer count as i was 2,3 months ago

im on 149 customers :) need 500 ! :p lol

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Not sure if you are being serious H, but 500 is a lot of customers. There is no way I could cope with that many. I have about 240 now and thats enough for me (even though I have taken 5 more this week ,,lol)

6. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

not that much really 30 custies x4 days x4 weeks= 480 custies well doable

7. A.K WINDOWS

i only want around 120-140 max if you get nice priced houses you dont need tuns

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

i agree.....I have quite a few big houses. It pays well and there is no flitting from house to house, packing up your equipment and getting it out again. Also to be able to do 30 custies in a day, surely you need them all virtually side by side, or at least on the same street.......a luxury you dont get when you are first starting out. Your customers tend to be more scattered.

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

i have 230 at the moment but I tend to work 7 days a week, 2 jobs though. after January its all window cleaning so I plan to have sunday off. so I nedd about 360 - 370 a month.

10. A.K WINDOWS

koops whats your average house price?at 230 you should still have a decent income?or are you a greedy little monkey lol

Advertisement