Timings.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Wheatie, Sep 13, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

Is there certain timings to Canvassings? Like say between the hours of 9am - 6pm?

I know people work in day so you would have to go after hours i.e after 5pm? But you dont want to knock to late, as some people may be a little upset if you know say after 8pm.

What timing/days do you Canvass?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Monday to Friday 5pm - 8pm thats the times I go. Weekends are my time!

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

When I went canvassing all the time, I use to go weekends I got way better results. When I was starting out there was no such thing as me time

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Know. What ur saying but I have a 2 1/2 daughter to give time to so that's my weekends taken with her.

5. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

I defo see where both of you are coming from! At this moment I have no children, 2 dogs tho lol! I will defo do week days and weekend!

6. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

canvas whenever you can, you still get plenty of people in during the day, housewives/husbands, elderly, shift workers, nightworkers, disabled, all potential customers, sometimes i will go and canvass for 2/3 hours during the day, then pop back between 5-6:30 and have another go

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I would stick to one are and take a note of the door numbers, mark of people that you talked to. You dont want to knch same door twice lol

8. WindyCleanerMan

WindyCleanerMan Active Member

Try to leave knocking doors on weekends till about 4ish and go till about 6, bit earlier on sundays. People are generally out during the day and they're watching Britain come dancing on ice super star rrock star xfactor show and having a chill. Plus you got to have your own time as well dude, Although we are trying to grow and quick as we can, you soon loose motivation if its all you do. I've been in sales for ten years and canvassed thousands and thousands of doors. You need your down time more then you think.

9. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

That's great info mate.

10. WindyCleanerMan

WindyCleanerMan Active Member

Advertisement