Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strapping Tanks Down In Van

garry

got a few vans with 450 and 650 tanks which are safely strapped and bolted down. however im either buying a 125 or 250 tank to put in a small van for a part time worker as he will be doing a few hours a day to tie in with a courier part time job. can any1 tell me is it safe to not strap a small tank down if so what is minimum size tank which is ok to not have strapped and bolted down? and would water pressure/flow be better from an upright tank or flat tank? or will it be the same and the pump what does the work?

Im buying a 125 or 250 tank to put in a small van for a part time me worker as he will be doing a few hours a day to tie in with a my courier part time job. can any1 tell me is it safe to not strap a small tank down if so what is minimum size tank which is ok to not have strapped and bolted down? and would water pressure/flow be better from an upright tank or flat tank? or will it be the same and the pump what does the work?

i know its needed for the bigger tanks as they carry more weight but dont have any little tanks so i dont know the answer if smaller 125 tanks need bolting down, hence the reason im asking.

Even a small 125 ltr tank weighs around 20 stone when full so I'm sure you can figure that one out.

Better to be bolted down in a cage is better what happens if you crash or put ur brakes on hard lock racthet straps may not be a good idea and not ideal...use these for short term?

Better to be bolted down in a cage is better what happens if you crash or put ur brakes on hard lock racthet straps may not be a good idea and not ideal...use these for short term?
I spent 150 odds on a frame months ago and still not go it bolted in lol

I can't believe the OP has even asked this.

YOU are not even driving the van. Get it bolted in or at least strapped in.

We run a "few vans" not one tank is strapped in!!!!!!!!!!!

The weight of water being 1kg per litre thats a lot of weight freely roaming around, I see lots of bodge it together window cleaners out there doing the same not securing a heavy load, hopefully you have a bulk head fitted to stop it killing the driver if involved in a serious accident, there is a reason we have to wear seatbelts in vehicles it should be common sense to do the same with loads inside vehicles.

On another point is your insurance company aware that you drive around like this in your vans??????

lol im not driving round , all my tanks are bolted in , just wondered if the smallest tanks needed bolting , as other window cleaners who load 6 to 7 25l barrels in vehicles dont have the barrels secured so was also wondering about the safety of loose barrels as 125l tank which i plan to purchase is similar weight to 5 loose barrels what other window cleaners deem it safe to carry.

Back