Tips At Xmas.. Your Take..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Goldoak, Dec 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Goldoak

Goldoak Active Member

I believe its the same across the board..I dnt know about you guys but I know my best customers. .ones who dnt miss a month take most services and tip at xmas..this year has already started with tips..
    Question. .do u keep or do u give away to charity. ..

Last year I gave to a Mexican charity for kids with cancer. The year b4 help for heroes. .whats your take on tips...

Advertisement
  2. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Are you mexican matey

3. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

Some do some don't , all gratefully received and very welcome. Give to charity? Most are scams. Help for heros maybe. Want to earn a good living? Start a charity, anyone can, You just have to register it.
    Pay yourself £50 grand a year or more. The heads of some charities earn much more, and all you have to pass on is 5% by law. Out in the street with collecting cans every week, its all perfectly legal once you have registered. Never have to work again

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I've only had a £1 tip so far .

Chucked it into the kids money box , but I'm a strong believer that charity starts at home .
    If I could afford to give money to charity then maybe I would but I cant so I don't simple really .

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Agree^^^^

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Shall we start a window cleaners charity Vince Green and Gav? lol...

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i dont expect them, do aint bothered if i dont get them

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Same here they pay for a service and they get one , there's no need for a tip .
    I could imagine virgin or t mobile waiting for the crimbo tips from there customers lol .

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I wouldn't give anything to charity, it will never see the person/s in need, I'd rather go into McDs and buy a homeless person a big mac meal or something..

Like how much are them companies paying for tv adverts? Sponsor a child for £2.. Your £2 can give them fresh water, a boil of rice.. Or maybe sponsor a dog, dolphin, snow leopard... Wtf!!

But as for tips.. Of course I expect a tip, I do a great service, reliable and put up with them all year in all weathers.. I deserve a tip lol..

10. Goldoak

Goldoak Active Member

No not mexican. But got links with a charity there I see every year whilst on holiday. .im only talking 50 pound
    A year but its better than nothing..I got no kids what with charity starts at home..I guess it will all change when I have some.

I dnt expect tips but the ones who do do generally get looked after a little better lol..

Advertisement