Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clx Or Slx?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duxbury

So far the advice I have received on here has been first rate, so thought id just get a bit of feedback on which pole you would advise as well for a newbie :)

Gardiners should have the poles back in stock today or soon (I hope!) so will be placing order asap for new pole, question is which one?

Im looking at either the CLX27 or SLX25, I will only be using the one pole for now for both ground floor and a height of up to 25ft (I picked up a job last week that has 1 window at this height), I also have ligament damage and a pin in my left wrist so weight and ease of use are important.

Pros and cons as I see them:

CLX27 £150+vat (50/50 carbon and glass fibre):

Cheaper

Slightly shorter collapsed length (16cm or something...... Not much I know)

Slightly longer extended length

SLX25 £215+vat (Full carbon fibre):

Greater rigidity

Lighter

I havnt counted the SLX30 as the £271+vat pricetag is a bit of a stretch right now.......

So just wondered if there was anything else I have not considered? For instance does one wear faster than the other? Also I have heard from a couple of people now that they actually prefer the extra flex you get with the glass fibre?

Also I am curious as to how people are finding the new clamps on the II's?

Many thanks guys

buy the biggest and best pole you can afford, and just use the sections you need, ie buy a slx 35 and use the 18 sections, that way you will have a bigger pole ready when needed

Well I did notice if you do it the other way, buy the the 25 for example you can then buy the extra section down the line and overall the cost is basically the same just a couple of quid difference.

^ Indeed. You are correct sir.

Well, you say you have wrist damage, so I'd say spending that little extra would help a great deal.

These things are an investment.

If you are thinking about clx hand on heart a great pole but not in the same class as the phonenix pole for the money

Facelift Published Specs:

Model Reach Approx

Weight Sections Handle Diameter Closed Length Price

Glass Fibre

Phoenix 18 22ft 1060g 4 29mm 4'10" £69.95

Phoenix 22 26ft 1390g 5 32mm 4'10" £89.95

Hybrid

Phoenix Pro 18 22ft 1010g 4 29mm 4'10" £94.95

Phoenix Pro 22 26ft 1350g 5 32mm 4'10" £119.95

Phoenix Pro 25 30ft 1490g 5 32mm 5'7" £175.95

Phoenix Pro 30 35ft TBC TBC TBC TBC £199.95

Phoenix Pro 35 40ft TBC TBC TBC TBC £239.95

Carbon

Phoenix X 18 22ft 980g 4 29mm 4'10" £174.95

Phoenix X 22 26ft 1260g 5 32mm 4'10" £199.95

Phoenix X Ultra Lite 26 29ft 1400g 6 32mm 5'0" £229.95

Phoenix X 25 30ft 1420g 5 32mm 5'7" £249.95

Phoenix X 30 35ft TBC TBC TBC TBC £315.95

Phoenix X 40 45ft TBC TBC TBC TBC £455.95

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Pole_Specification_Chart_Composite_1000_SALE.jpg

So far the advice I have received on here has been first rate, so thought id just get a bit of feedback on which pole you would advise as well for a newbie :)

Gardiners should have the poles back in stock today or soon (I hope!) so will be placing order asap for new pole, question is which one?

Im looking at either the CLX27 or SLX25, I will only be using the one pole for now for both ground floor and a height of up to 25ft (I picked up a job last week that has 1 window at this height), I also have ligament damage and a pin in my left wrist so weight and ease of use are important.

Pros and cons as I see them:

CLX27 £150+vat (50/50 carbon and glass fibre):

Cheaper

Slightly shorter collapsed length (16cm or something...... Not much I know)

Slightly longer extended length

SLX25 £215+vat (Full carbon fibre):

Greater rigidity

Lighter

I havnt counted the SLX30 as the £271+vat pricetag is a bit of a stretch right now.......

So just wondered if there was anything else I have not considered? For instance does one wear faster than the other? Also I have heard from a couple of people now that they actually prefer the extra flex you get with the glass fibre?

Also I am curious as to how people are finding the new clamps on the II's?

Many thanks guys

I carry both of these on the van the slx25 for everyday use and clx27 for odd long reach / 4 storey job however could use the clx27 as everyday pole no problem which I did until I could afford to buy the slx25.

Are u out every day with lots of houses to clean if yes then go for slx25 but if only part time then u be fine with the clx27

I have a CLX22 & SLX 22 both very similar the real difference is the flex when using.

I compared them together fully extended same brush & where very similar then bounced them & the SLX stopped bouncing very soon where the CLX was still bouncing about.

Both very good poles! the Phoenix X UL26 is def worth considering , I wish I got one! still might as interested to compare it.

The clamps are very good on the new Gardiners poles.

Gardiners sadly still out of stock on all the poles i am considering :-( am considering a Phoenix, I notice on the spec the UL 26 has a working reach of 30ft while the X25 has a reach of 30ft, anyone understand that? Also how are the Nlite brushes? I have a gardiner brush already would I better off just using that? And how do the Phoenix pro composites feel flex wise compared to the gardiners (sorry to keep going on a bout gardiners they are the only poles I have handled)

Thanks again

I notice on the spec the UL 26 has a working reach of 30ft while the X25 has a reach of 30ft, anyone understand that?
Well if I have a pole that's 30ft long when I'm holding it it will reach higher...

I believe tat's what they're getting at.

Well if I have a pole that's 30ft long when I'm holding it it will reach higher...

I believe tat's what they're getting at.
Yeah sorry I didnt explain that right, the UL 26 will reach 29ft, the X25 will reach 30. So the UL although being a foot longer will reach a foot less? Seems odd.

Yeah sorry I didnt explain that right, the UL 26 will reach 29ft, the X25 will reach 30. So the UL although being a foot longer will reach a foot less? Seems odd.
The UL is nearly foot shorter when closed than the X25. It makes it the most compact pole (for the reach) available on the market. If you see the models side by side it will make sense!

Back