To Buy Or Not To Buy

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by NEW Bhoy, Nov 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. NEW Bhoy

NEW Bhoy Guest

I've just taken over a window cleaning round it has about 700 customers mostly large domestic and a mix of rural and and small towns the lads have been using trad since forever and I wanted to improve things and get the round running quicker, at the moment its taking over 8 weeks to get one round done using 2-3 guys.
    I've spotted this vivaro with a brodex system already fitted and was wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for, pitfalls with this system?

http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/vauxhall/vivaro/2009-vauxhall-vivaro-2-0cdti-90ps-van-2-9t-c-w-window-cleaning-equipment-diesel-stockport-vfpa-8a71c26c3662a8ef0136c5c22f077088

I only inherited the business after a previous partnership went **** up and work full time as an engineer so wont be using the kit myself, so far the business is due me about 20k and I'm not sure if I want to go throwing good money after bad but I can see a good business in ther yet if its runing properly with plenty of room for expansion

Any constructive advice greatfully received

Advertisement
  2. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

That's a very good price for a van with that mileage and system.

Always check as it's a private buy there is no HP against the van as I know someone who was caught short and lost a fair amount of money.

Don't take their word for it,pay to get it checked.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

20k? Why so much mate, if you dont mind me asking

4. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

if the round is trad only your going to lose a lot of customers converting to wfp mate

5. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Do a survey?

I would.

6. spmonkay

spmonkay Active Member

AA hpi check. That's what I did for my van! Was about £20.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You would also need an ro system if the area you cover is hard water as that setup looks to me as just a DI 650 tank.
    To be honest I would not buy brodex gear but hey that's just my opinion as others may like them....

8. NEW Bhoy

NEW Bhoy Guest

Bought it for the missus last year cause she wanted to run it paid over the odds for it then she ran it like a hobby costing me more money every month, then she realised she'd made an **** of it and dropped it like a stone now I,m left out of pocket and looking to either get shot of it and get some of my money back or turn it into a decent business

Oh aye and smurf its in scotland so should be soft water

9. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

where u based NewBhoy

10. NEW Bhoy

NEW Bhoy Guest

Aberdeenshire mate

Advertisement